1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CG top single combo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Anybody have any experience or opinions on CG top single combo i have not seen one or know anybody that shoots one.I like a top single better than a un-single the CG has my curiosity up.

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

I am very pleased with mine. I originally bought an unsingle combo because the top single was not even on the market. I have always had better luck with top singles SO when the top single came on the market I sold my unsingle barrel and had CGUSA fit my Summit with a top single and factory release triggers. It has been fantastic winning me several trophies and buckles and even my first AA points. I have never had any problems with the CG either before or after in any configuration. If you prefer a Top Single it is a fantastic set up at a very reasonable price. And if you want a slightly lower rib with adjustments on both the Top Single and O/U barrels the Impact is what you should look at. I LOVE MY CAESAR GUERINI TOP SINGLE COMBO.

[​IMG]

NOW having said that you should try and get to a large shoot where the vendors should have some try guns so you can get some hands on with several different brands to see what you like.

If you shoot in Virginia and can handle release/release you are welcome to try mine at any shoot that we attend.

--- Chip King ---

3. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I bought a top single about 3 months ago, I love the gun,have put 3000 rounds thru it and I am getting very comfortable with it. Have managed 1 class win and one overall handicap win with it in the short time I've had it.

Have found a lot to like, very good pull trigger, very nice balance and handling,did have to move my hand further out on the fore end to slow it down,very well built and finished, stock chokes pattern very well, stock and rib adjustments very easy to do and stay locked down.

I looked at a lot of guns before I decided to give the Guerini a try, at this point I'm glad I did.

JohnR

johnr_2008_300819.jpg

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Roy from Hi-Grade has one and is shooting it this year. He not only seems to like but shoots it well. I have not seen him about a month but the three or four times I saw him shoot it at West Penn, he did well with it. It looks good too.

DCB

5. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Have been shooting my CG top single since this lasr winter. My only struggle has been the release triggers, that are slower than the Spears in my Beretta. Struggled at first and now my averages are normal in singles and caps. If I look at just my last 1000 singles it is a little above at 98.8%, so that could be regarded as improvement. Caps are coming along well, but the gun does point quicker and slowing down would be a good thing for me. Trying tennis lead strips under the forearm first, and a higher starting point to reduce movement.

The CG line has been very popular here in the midwest, many happy shooters. Although I did see the first CG break down last weekend. A broken bottom firing pin on a gun that has over 30K rounds down the barrel. Guess they all will fail at some point, but that was the first for the guns and shooters that I'm familar with.

Maltzie

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Nice trophies ChipKing. My CG has almost 30k shells thru it since last April, zero problems.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Thanks rhymeswithorange I bought mine on April 1st of last year. I have right at 31,000 rounds through the combo give or take a couple hundred. I switched to the Topsingle in August. It has always been an excellent performer.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.