1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CG Rib Setting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Will22, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will22

Will22 TS Member

I bought my son a new Caesar Guerini Summit Trap combo at the Grand last week. We have the unsingle barrel set fairly well and I was wondering if the rib for the double can be set the same using the hash marks on the front of the rib? If not, can someoen tell me how to get it set so that it will be close to shooting the same as the unsingle?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Will

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

The unsingle barrel and the o/u barrels may, but may not necessarily shoot to the same POI. Thus it is unlikely you can just set the ribs to the same mark and get the same POI. You should go to the pattern board to check POIs of each barrel to get them set where you want. To check POI shoot at about 13-15 yards, using a fairly tight choke (you are not checking the pattern but the POI). This will give you a pretty good idea where the center of the pattern is and you can then adjust each rib to move the POI center where you want/need it for each set of barrels. Alternatively, you can go to station 3, lock the trap to simply throw straight aways, and shoot them. Watch the broken targets carefully. If the largest pieces go upward, then you are a bit low for your shooting style. If the largest pieces go downward, then you need to lower the POI. Adjust ribs until you are getting nice even breaks centered, with equal distribution (up and down) of pieces (or better yet, just dust)

Jim R

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

On my magnus combo both the barrels have the same poi when I checked them on paper. I guess I am one of the lucky ones

4. Will22

Will22 TS Member

Thanks guys. 3 dueces, when you say that both of your barrels have the same POI can I assume you have them set on the same adjustment hash mark?

Will

5. Will22

Will22 TS Member

Thanks guys. I checked the POI on paper with both barrels and they shoot the same. After a little tweaking, he ran 25 straight at 16yds and 23 at 25yds. Now if I can get his Citori Trap sold!!

Again, thanks.

Will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.