1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CG or Blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Which is best GG or Blaser combo i have shot both demo's and the CG seemed easer to smoke targets is the CG a slower lock time than the Blaser or does it just pattern better i know it is just a opinion but has anybody else noticed a difference ?

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I had a cg sporting I traded it in on a k80. I got the cg from a friend who blought a blaser and talked another friend into one at the same time. I'll say this I've shot all three and I like my k80 but if I had it to do over I think I'd buy a blaser. Didn't really mesh well with the cg. I know your prolly talking about a trap model but the actions are a the same. I've shot them all quite a bit. Don't think you could go wrong with either one, but the blaser has better triggers than the cg.
    Jimmy

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have owned them both so I will give mine. The CG is a great buy for the money. I shot mine well and never had any issues with it. While some may be as good, CG has the best customer service on the planet. They are very helpful people anytime you have a question or a problem. I don't think they quite have the quality as the Blaser but then again they are less money so that is expected.
    The Blaser has the best triggers and barrels on a stock gun out there and that includes all of them. The Blaser has a lot of bells and whistles with there weight system in both the barrels and stock so they do come with more features and yes it did help me dial mine in. Time will tell on how good both of them hold up. The Blaser warranty is 10 years and the CG is a lifetime with three free pit stop tuneups. I don't know how you beat that.
    Tough choice but with all this said I like the Blaser better.

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

My friend had a slight issue w/blaser. He was trying different stocks and barrels when he bought tge gun. He ended up with a 34" barrel instead of a 32" in all the changes. He had it for about 6 mo before he realized it. They handled it very quickly and fixed it w/a smile. So they also have great customer service.
    Jimmy

5. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Once I win the Blaser in the raffle for the AIM kids, I know it will be the best!

Rod

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Tough call. I have a CG and shot the old style Blaser. I didn't like it, but the new Blaser is a much better gun.
    Do I think CG is a better gun then the Blaser. No I think they are close. I do think they have there strong points but not enough for me to get a New Blaser Trap.
    What I do like is the New Blaser Super Sport. I'll be getting one soon.
    I just have a few family matter to take of first.

7. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I have shot both and bought the CG. No comparison IMHO. CG are a definite better buy but that is changing as cost are going up. CG has a really cool stock that is very adjustable and comfortable. Admittedly I am prejudiced
    to the CG. After i bought my CG two of my shooting friends bought a CG after shooting mine. They are really good shotguns. As was mentioned in an earlier post the customer service is just top notch. Friendly and fast.

If you can do as I did and shoot both. Choose the one you shoot best.

Mike

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What's the difference in between each gun's base combo price?

9. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

About $4000
    Jimmy

10. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Which one fits you better ... I know I like the CG and the service is over the top.. both brian and john are amazing to work with. Best of all is the turn around time you don't get that from a k of any kind...they work for your business and know what customer service is!!!!

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I tend to differ. Like I said before, There is no service better than CG but some as good. Those some happen to be both K guns. I know because I have had experience with all of them. Kolar was as good and yes Krieghoff was as good also.
    CG, and both K guns service has been great for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.