1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CG Maxis Chokes vs Briley Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Has anyone compared the results obtained with the Briley replacement chokes for the Caesar Guerini Maxis chokes? I am considering buying the Brileys to get a stainless choke vs. the carbon steel CG chokes...less potential for corrosion.Wonder if there is any observable performance/pattern difference?

Thanks!

WNCRob

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I might try Seminole tubes for the CG.

My CG Summit Limited came from Seminole with their chokes, not CG ones - great gun, great patterns...

These are the same people who make Chambermates, so they know their engineering...

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Well I like the briley chokes because they do not come loose. Check them after every 25 and they are still solidly in there. The CG chokes are fine but you have to check them after every station. They pattern about the same. Haven't tried seminole but have heard good things about theirchoke work.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use CG choke and so far never had one loosen up after 100 rounds of sporting clays. Or after 100 rounds of trap. They stay tight in place. I also my not take them out for a week. Just turn them and out they come. I use a light coat of grease on the choke tubes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

briley cg maxis chokes

briley vs guerini chokes

briley vs guerini maxus chokes

caesar guerini maxus choke briley

helix cg maxus chokes

maxis choke st ainless

maxis chokes

review maxis chokes