1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ CG Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The customer will not receive this until tomorrow so I wanted to post a photo for him before it arrives. This wood was supplied by the customer and it is American Black with a beautiful feather coming through on both sides of the stock. This model has a bunch of Monte Carlo drop at the heel to help with an upright position for a long necked shooter. The stock features the finger grips and the dovetailed Ebony grip cap. The fit and finish was great and the checkering outstanding. Thank you for taking a look and I hope he likes the finished product.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303476.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303477.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303478.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303479.jpg

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Another beauty!!

3. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

Not only is the grain beautiful your work looks awesome. I hope you are training the guy who is going to take over your work when you retire. Artistry like this should never be lost.

4. MarkLT

MarkLT Member

Dennis
    I am interested in the process you use to define the form and fit
    is it your concept or a consensus between you and the customer

I am interested in what it would take to get on your schedule but I dont want to use up to much of your time
    I still have not found the wood I am looking for

With out the cap and finger grips how do you feel about a piece of birdseye maple in this form

5. Dennis DeVault

To MarkLT,

First let me say that a customer is never wasting my time, that is why I am here to discuss your specific needs. The process is based off of my observation of what I see the customer doing. How do you mount the gun, what is your hand position, are you shooting gun up or gun down, what do you have for a cheek bone, high or normal? Do you have a long neck, narrow PD distance, there are many areas that I am looking at when a person comes in to be fit. My job is to give the information to my guys as I see them unfold and they in turn put what I want into the pattern. After the pattern is done you and I will go to the range and shoot targets. Some of my customers will shoot 100 to 300 targets to be sure that we have total comfort and you are breaking targets. When I am satisfied that all is right we go back to the shop. From that point you have an option, take the demo stock home with you and shot it for as long as you want and when you are satisfied you send it back to us to be made into a completed stock. This is a big investment and we want to be sure that you are happy with the stock before it is finally produced. I have had customers that have shot their demo stocks up to 3 years before we have made them so time is not a problem. I hope that this explains what we do and if not just call me at the shop for more questions. the shop number is 330-456-6070 Thank you for the question.

Dennis DeVault

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Dennis... Please check your PM's... Dan

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Me want....

Ron

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dennis, When you are talking "a big investment" have you got any figured you can throw around? I'd appreciate it if you would itemize to some degree. Thanks

9. Dennis DeVault

To DaveP,

Everything that is needed to build a custom stock is located on our website. It is $ 2,500.00 and that includes the fitting fee.That cost is to have a stock and forend built on a tang style receiver. That would be like a K-80, Perazzi or any shotgun where the metal goes down inside the wood. The last item is the wood and that can range in price from $ 450.00 to $ 4,000.00 depending on the quality, type and grade you desire. To some folks this may not be a big deal but to others it is a sizable amount to spend on wood. I have always been cost conscience and try and give all my customers the biggest bang for their dollar that I can. That is why we always post all of our prices on the web for everyone to see. There are no hidden fees for you here. As far as I know I am the only company that publishes their prices for a custom stock on line. Thank you again for the question and have a great week.

Dennis DeVault

10. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Props to you Dennis. It's refreshing to see someone upfront with the cost of there work.

Best regards,
    Ken

11. undersluice

undersluice Member

Dennis - You have a PM.

~JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.