1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CG DTS Kinetic Balancer opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Mc, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

May 11, 2006
    Caesar Guerini states that their Kinetic Balancer functions as a gun balancing and a recoil reduction system ... has anyone had any experience with them that feels that they do reduce felt recoil other than just adding weight to the gun which in it's self helps with recoil ... just wanted opinions before making a purchase ... Thx's
  2. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Jan 2, 2011
    Southern Ohio
    I had a chance to compare my Magnus Trap gun without the Kinetic Balancer to the Magnus Trap Gun that Louie Morgan shoots. First and foremost, I was struck by the difference in balance. Louie's gun had much better balance then mine. Keep in mind that mine was fresh out of the box and stock as a baby's bare behind.

I did notice a difference in recoil as well. It was not slight, it was very perceptible. I would not put it in the same category as a soft touch but would say it compared favorably with guns I have owned that were equipped with RAD and Gracoil type systems.

The Kinetic System from Guerini has a lot going for it not the least of which is price.

Of course my observations are subjective at best and your mileage may vary as they say.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I had a chance to demo an 32" Impact sporter with the DTS and clip on weight for the front. These are just the perceptions I had when trying it for a little over 1200 rounds. YMMV

Without the DTS or weight the Impact is smooth handling and very responsive.

Adding just the barrel weight seemed to smooth out the swing even more and moving it further forward seemed to increase the smoothness.

Adding just the DTS with the device set up as recommended by CG made the gun feel faster but whippy. The recoil impulse changed from a single bang-push to what felt like a bang-push/pull/push. It felt more like it modified the recoil rather than reduced it to any great degree. Very much like the recoil impulse of spring powered pellet rifle or open bolt sub-machine gun.

When I added the barrel weight along with the DTS the feel smoothed somewhat with all the whippyness gone but not quite as smooth as with the weight alone and the recoil impulse remained the same.

If I was going to use the DTS, or any of the "in the stock" reducers for that matter, I would also use the barrel weight so the balance suited my style of shooting.

--- Chip King ---
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini dts kinetic balancer

does a caesar guerini kinetic balancer reduce felt recoil

dts kinetic balancer

guerini kinetic balancer
kinetic weight for caesar guerini
opinions on dts balancer system