1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cesar Guerini Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blade819, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The shop received it's Guerini Magnus Trap Unsingle "demo gun" yesterday and I'm looking forward to shooting this beautiful thing. Now that the new Guerini's have been out for a while, are there any shooting reports out there? I am curious as to recoil and durability. Have a great :eek:) day.

2. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I recently purchased a Guerini Trap O/U for my doubles gun from Bob Schultz, replacing an MX-8. I could not be happier, as the gun fits me extremely well. I wasn't content with the balance, though, so I installed a 7 oz Dead Mule device and its perfect now. You will find, though, that due to the high rib/comb, it will not fit everyone...for me,its perfect, and I have now ordered the Unsingle barrel as well. Recoil is a subjective matter, but I find it to be a non-issue.

Rob M.

3. blade819

Initially the gun seems to mount perfect to me without having spent any time yet properly fitting it as far as adjustable padplate and comb. I'm not really concerned about recoil but have a 1 inch kickez pad on it just in case. The chokes need a friction wrench to instal/remove and I didn't get a wrench so that's an odd situation. Briley's chokes that are advertised to fit Guerini's don't because the threads are different.

4. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

If you need chokes they are available from Seminole Gun Works. 800 980 3344

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I actually have 2 Guerini's, the Trap O/U and a Sporting O/U, and have no trouble at all with the chokes...just hand tighten and remove by hand as needed...use normal precautions hand tightening them from time to time. Actually, I like these chokes a lot. They seem to pattern quite well and the plastic build-up is notoceably less than with some others. Further, the chokes seem to be interchangeable from the trap to the sporting guns.

6. blade819

Will shoot tomorrow since wednesday is trap day at our local club. I plan on patterning before the shoot. I'm very excited as one should be with a new gun but more because of the good press and feedback on the Guerini. I can tell you that my SKB that I shot in 2006 & 2007 gave me the most bang for the buck. The combo will remain in the case for my doubles gun and I'll use the unsingle as a back up to the Guerini. For the $$$$$ I believe you can't beat the SKB. I'll post a report tomorrow afternoon.

7. blade819

Follow up. Shot the Guerini yesterday at our club shoot and did fairly well. Did pattern it with rib all the way up being 60/40 and kpet tweaking it throuout the shoot. Finally decided on around 70/30 and locked down the set screw. Easy to swing gun. What I don't like about it? Didn't get a spanner or friction wrench for the chokes. However the biggest problem is the extremely hard to figure out way to elevate the comb. Instructions aren't very well written. Ended up using 3 washers on each post then putting the spacer back on. Also, someone has to tell me what the foot long hex wrench included in the case is for. All in all though no recoil and very good handling gun. Looking forward to next weeks shoot and the 2008 season.

8. jackaroo

jackaroo TS Member

I have the Summit trap and very happy with it. I dont need a wrench for the tubes,they are extended tubes and easy to tighten and loosen up by hand. to raise the comb take it off and lower the two screws in the bottom of the comb, to lower the comb raise the two screws. the long wrench is to take the stock off the reciever....you do not need to take the recoil pad off to do this either the wrench will go thru a hole in the recoil pad.

9. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Gunner Dog,
    Do yourself a favor and just get the k-80. Proven gun and you'll end up selling it for more than you paid for it 5 years from now.

10. clays4u

clays4u TS Member

We have several guns in stock, and demos available...give me a call, ask for Jun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.