1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ceramic media

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duckeye, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

does anyone know where I can buy some ceramic media to polish brass. I have a little left and it is about 1/8 inch long and it is cylinderical and cut at an angle . I do not remember where in the heck I got this but it sure does clean empty brass cartridges in a hurry and it does a good job.

Thanks a lot Dick

2. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Buffalo Arms - may have it - www.buffaloarms.com 208-263-6953

As advertised in the Black Powder Cartridge News _ Shooer 2, Dave Maurer 9002 Norris, RD Dewitt, MI 48820---(517) 669-9801
    dkittydave@aol.com
    Says he has all sorts of it-

Hope this helps-

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Mcmaster carr., MSC industrial supply.

actually I find tha ground up corn cobs work best for polishing brass.

tony

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I use a little NuFinish car polish mixed in with my Walnut or Corn Cob Media. It works quite well and contains no ammonia. Walnut to clean and Corn Cob to polish. The Ceramic media is available through many industrial supply houses. I used it for a short while and found that it worked OK, but you would possibly need different sizes for different shells. You can get the Media and car polish at WalMart. The Walnut media is sold for bird cages and the have the corn cob stuff in the Pet department also. If you hate WalMart, go to a large Pet supply store and see what they have. Grainger's sells polishing/blasting media in 40/50 pound containers. Any Auto supply should have the NuFinish car polish. It's not a wax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.