1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ceramic fry pans

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shotgunbutch, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Does anyone use ceramic fry pans?

I read they are nontoxic and nonstick.

What is a good brand?

Arnie

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Arnie,

Investigate Scanpans. I have had two fry pans for a number of years and their non-stick coating is unsurpassed. As I recall, it is some sort of titanium coating. I can use metal tools without damage and the whole pad can be put in the oven below 500 degrees. As I recall, they also have a lifetime guarantee.

The only bad thing bad out Scanpans is their rather high price, $140 for a 12" and $80 for a 10" fry pan on Amazon.

Rollin

3. blow-by

blow-by Member

You cant beat cast iron, ive tried many non stick pans and havent found any that compare with cast, all you have to do is keep it clean and dont over heat

4. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

They are NONTOXIC until the first scratch any where on the non stick.
    Something new is coming out soon. Lee

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

doggai how long do you own your trapgun before it pays for itself.... or your TV set .... or your car .... or any of the modern conveniences.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Cast Iron is the only way to go.

7. Habib

Habib Member

cast iron skillets are nasty. they are either grease coated of rusty. tri-ply stainless is the only way to go.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nothing better than cast iron. When you are finished cooking with them, you simply wash them with soapy water and everything slides right off. Then i dry the Cast Iron and take the spray on Olive Oil and spray a little in the pan. Then take a paper towell and wipe the skillets with the oil and put them away. If your cast iron rusts you didn't treat it right. As with everything, you get what you pay for. We use Lodge Cast Iron, Made in the USA. We have two skillets and a Dutch Oven we use routinely. A very small 3SK and the larger 10SK and a 7qt Dutch Oven.
    [​IMG]

9. Robb

Robb Member

Can you put cast in dishwasher?

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Cast iron is great if you cook for your self. It wont work if you have to use it a lot without wrist strain or even carpel tunnel. Some of the nonstick coatings are a bit toxic when ingested. Ceramic may be a good choice but I haven't tried any.

11. grntitan

No!! DO NOT put cast iron in the dishwasher. You also DO NOT want to put cast iron in dishwater and let it soak. I just use the dish cloth form the dishwater and wipe the skillet clean. You really don't need to soak good seasoned cast iron anyway. Anything left in the skillet will wipe right off.

12. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Cast all the way.......Griswold,if ya can find 'em.

D.P.Reynolds

13. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Explain "seasoned"

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Seasoning a cast iron fry pan is getting the new smell oof and coating the pores of the metal (cast is kind of porous) with oil.

Mine are 48 years old, bought when I got married. I have others but the cast ones cook the best.

HM

15. grntitan

Jerry,

Click on the link above and it explains what it is and how you do it. Very important to making your cast iron work properly and last forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.