1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cerakote application

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TD1958, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Can anyone recommend a source for the cerakote coatings? I have a reciever I would like to have done by some one reputable. Thanks, Tim

2. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Tim,

Rich219 on here does good work, send him a pm

Oscar

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Thanks for the reference Oscar.

4. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

kyguncoat.com

Followed recommendations from someone on TS.com and a Benelli I sent looks fabulous.

Tell them you heard about them from TS.com, I tried to get them to sponsor.

5. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

what are the benefits of this coating?

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

The benefit is that it is the most durable spray on finish. The down side is that it is still a spray on finish. Compared to Duracoat it is MUCH more durable.

It is also available in a ton of different colors which is another benefit to it. If you don't want a traditional parked or blued gun Cerakote allows you to customize the look of your firearm.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

LOL, I misread this as creosote! what a surface finish that would be!!

8. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Eric, that could have been me that talked about kyguncoat. These guys do a GREAT job and are VERY reasonable in price!!!. I am sure Rich219 does a GREAT job Also. I have read good things about his work. I recomended kyguncoat. before i saw Ricks work. joe90t

9. hoot619

hoot619 Member

KentuckyGunCoat did mine a model 12 Field looks like a new one now. Ken U

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I have two Perazzis Cerakoted by kyguncoat, one complete gun, one only receiver, they are pretty much one of the most durable finish you can get on a gun.

Most Race gun shooters use it, Sig is using it too.

11. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Thanks all for the replies. Tim

12. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Thanks all.

Thanks Steve W. I was just going to ask if this is something you do to the receiver only or if you also do it to the barrel. Having this done doesnt affect the way everything fits back together? Do you have any photos? What if your gun doesnt have a removable trigger? How does the person applying the cerakote deal with the trigger area?

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Cerakote can be applied to just about any part except for the inside of the barrels.

It can have some effect on parts fitting back together, after all you are adding a layer to the original metal surface. Usually the tolerances are not a problem though.

If your gun doesn't have a removable trigger you ideally want to completely disassemble the receiver. Cerakote requires the parts be media blasted and the blast media has a tendency to get in every little area.

There are many better finishes out there than Cerakote (parkerizing, anodizing, etc.) but Cerakote is the best spray on finish.

14. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Awesome, thanks for the info Rich!

15. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Cerakote add 1/10000" to the face of metal.

I have both detachable & non detachable trigger Perazzi done. Kyguncoat did complete disassamble and re assambly included in their $175 (two tone) whole gun price, barrel is tight, but fits. Trigger fits too. I didn't ask them to coat the trigger parts. No issue.

I have both gun's picture, I'll post it later when I found the file.

The non detachable trigger one is for sale now on TS, I'll bring it up now for you to see the pictures. This one is satin silver.

16. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Thanks Steve W. I just saw the pics in your for sale ad. It looks great. Thanks for all the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cerakote application