1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Centurion Shotshells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

How do they perform?

2. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

I just saw that brand today at my club. $63/flat, OUCH!

Maark

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like them. They have a brass head and will eject from my gun. I suspect they are loaded a bit lighter than the numbers on the box indicate. I have been looking for the direct importer of these shells. I would buy a couple of pallets at a good price. I have not been able to find the importer.

Pat Ireland

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Unlike Pat, I thought they hammered me pretty good. Got overcharged for some at the Silver Dollar once, won't do it again.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ken X- Interesting comment. I have suspected for a couple of years that different lots of discount shells with the same markings on the box, were very different. The Centurion I shot were so soft that I used them for the first shot of doubles. They were marked 2 2/4 dram, 1 1/8 oz of shot. Who knows what was really in them.

Pat Ireland

6. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Since I am a Latin teacher and a shooting coach, I thought that with the Roman soldier and the Colosseum on the box it would be neat if I used them. I'll have to try some. The empty boxes alone would be a neat classroom decoration.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I bought a flat of them when they were $41.00 per flat. The 3 dram loads would not eject from my super x. Did not push the bolt all the way back so the hull would end up stuck and I could not use them for doubles. In a break open gun they should be just fine. Did just fine on the targets wh en I managed to point the super x in the correct place. John

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I shot them last week at the Silver $ and @ Deer Creek Sporting Clays.....no misfires and seemed to hit the birds hard (same as my reloads)

9. tj303

tj303 Member

Gamaliel has them for $5.30/box

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=7344

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.