1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Central Zone Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by t-bar, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bar

t-bar Member

Any scores from the Central Zone shoots? I know that Indiana's John Voliva broke 100 in the Dbls today at Brittney. Also Eric Munson had one at Owatonna. Any other scores?

bar

2. trapshootinkid25

trapshootinkid25 TS Member

Friday Singles: 26 total 100's. Carry over. 20 were broken at Brittany, 6 at MN and none at SK.

Friday Caps: I believe Nathan Wayne Hofer won outright with a 99 from the 27. Not positive. There were a smattering of other scores in the high 90's.

Friday Doubles: Voliva and Munson were the lone 100's.

Saturday Singles: There were several 200's and one or two trophies left to settle for the carryover from Friday. I am unsure who the winner was.

Sunday Handicap: Jack Reeves broke his first 100 from the 27 to win the caps outright (shot at Brittany). There may have been one 99, but I know there were a few 98's.

Sunday Doubles: I know of at least 4 100's in the doubles. Dave Williams, John Voliva (again), Jeremy Denny and one other who escapes me. George Snelleberger broke a 99 in AA. I am still waiting to hear who won the shootoff and if there were 100's at the other sites.

To my knowledge, Voliva was the lead contender for the HAA. He broke 393x400 (199, 94, 100). One of the Bartholow brothers was still in contention with a 97 or better in doubles, but I did not stick around to see what he shot in the dubs.

I hope this helps a little. I know it is not a lot, but it is something.

Mike R.

3. t-bar

t-bar Member

Thanks Mike.

b

4. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wasn't able to go to the Central Zone, but I did get updates from my husband during the shoot offs.
    The only ones that I can report on were the ones that Foster and Matt were involved in-----
    Saturday Singles Championship- there were 10 or 12 200's- all in IL I believe. Foster won champion and Matt took runner up.
    Sunday Doubles Championship- there were 5 100's in IL and Eric Munson in MN. Matt won champion, but I don't know who the runner up was.
    Sorry that I don't know any other names, but I hope this helps a little bit.
    Char Bartholow

5. trapshootinkid25

trapshootinkid25 TS Member

Congrats to Matt and Foster. Char, you must be a very proud mother.

I was later told that HAA was won with at least a 397x400. I know that Munson ran at least the first 20 of the doubles shootoff (winning the carryover from Friday).

I hope everyone who is shooting does well at the Grand! Take care.

Best,
    Mike R.

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

HAA was won by the ND delegate (and VP of ATA) with the 397. Good shooting Mr. Wagner! My 393 got smoked by the 397, a 396 and two 394s. Took HOA at Brittany with a 689. Didn't do too well in the shoot-offs, but surely not complaining. I believe RU in the doubles was up for grabs between Steve Johnson and Munson. Don't know the result.

Char -- met Matt and your husband for the first time Sunday. Great guys (didn't have a chance to meet Foster). Somehow they beat me down to Sparta from Brittany.... maybe I left later than I thought...

7. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

John,

Great shooting! I think they took the super secret short cut down to Sparta!

Good luck at the Grand!

Char

8. Terry

Terry TS Member

Char, congraulations too the two boys. They are apair to be proud of, not just shooting, but for their good manner and good attitudes. Hope to see you at the Pyle memorial shoot in Rapid. Also tell Butch the walleyes were delicous.

Terry Barnhart
    Buffalo, WY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.