1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CENTRAL ZONE SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Anyone have central zone shoot program information?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Which site? I received mine form Brittany on Saturday.

3. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

wouldn't the programs be the same? I think last year they had to phone in results for shootoffs etc. but The Iowa location most likely.

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Harold is working on the program for Evansville, but yes, each site shoots the same thing.

Fri: 100 singles, 100 handicap, 100 doubles.
    Sat: 200 singles
    Sun: 100 doubles, 100 handicap

I think he said that start time would be around 9:30. I have asked him to e-mail me a copy so I can post it online. As soon as I get it and can convert it to PDF, I will let you know.

Hotels -- safe bets are at the intersection at I-64 and US 41 (closest) and I-164 and Lloyd expressway. Usually pretty good deals. Can get names if you want, but if you book through any of the travel websites, those are the areas you want to stay around -- easiest / quickest from the club.

John

5. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Any info on the Iowa location?

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The Iowa location is at the Cedar Falls Gun Club. Same place the state shoot is held starting Wed. The Central Zone Shoot will be held the following weekend.

Some details are on the posted website and If you can get a Iowa State Shoot flyer its in there also.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

The state shoot flyer is on the website you have posted.

Tim

8. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Does Wisconsin have a central zone venue this year?...if so post a link to the program....thanks!

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I looked it up on the ATA website. Click on the Central Zone and look in the lower right part of the page under zone shoot date. The zone shoots are held at these clubs this year:

Brittany Shooting Park, Bunker Hill, IL.

Capitol City Gun Club, Bismarck, ND.

Evansville Gun Club, Haubstadt, IN.

Cedar Falls Gun Club, Cedar Falls, IA.

10. Barry C. Roach

Brittany Shooting Park Central Zone Program: Club phone - 618-278-4462

Thursday, July 28th, Singles/Doubles/Handicap Marathon targets SPECIAL $18.per100

Friday, July 29th, 9:30am Starting time: 100 Class Singles, 100 Preliminary Handicap, and 50 pr. Class Doubles

Sat., July 30, 9am Starting time: 200 Singles CZ Championship.

Sunday July 31st, 9am Starting time: CZ 50pr. Champ. Doubles, CZ Championship Handicap.

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

For many the Central Zone shoot has ceased to exsist. Sad state of affairs. The old MI, OH, IN rotation worked well for many years on this week end.

Then some genius changed the dates and made IL (Brittany) a permanent site and then this year made Evansville a site(no knock on the club intended). That's like having two sites next door to each other. You couldn't get them any farther away from the MI, OH and Northern IN shooter base if you tried. You basically eliminated those shooters who are not going to the Grand or going for the full two weeks of the Grand and stopping on the way. Who can afford 2 trips in this economy.

Good job, you have eliminated some of the top shooters from attending from those states. Personally I think the Central Zone officials have their head up you know where. I think it has got to the point that if offered OH and MI would refuse now to hold the shoot.

Don

12. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Don, Mi. was suppose to host the shoot this year and turned it down. So if Mi. and Oh. don't want the shoot In. will host the shoot so the shooters at least have somewhere to shoot in this area. As you know In. rotates between St. Joe and Evansville. This was Evansvilles turn to host the shoot. So what do you want the Central Zone officals to do? Give me an idea and I will bring it up at the meeting. Hoosier

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It seemed to work a lot better before it was changed permanently to Brittany on the week end starting the Grand. The fiasco last year with Jaquas vs Britanny has caused a lot of state officials to go negative. You have eliminated those shooters who don't or can't go to the Grand. On the other hand Brittainy bleeds off the shooters going to the Grand and thereby hurts the other sites so much that they say it isn't worth it to host the shoot.

My thoughts are move the date back a week and go with a 4 state rotation, you know that isn't going to happen. Because IL wants every one on there way to the Grand and they seemed to have the power. Holding a shoot in Evansville and Brittany on the same weekend is rediculous, either hold it in one place or the other. They are to close together location wise. When you hold it at St. Joe you are going to attract those MI, IN and OH shooters who wouldn't otherwise go. Things worked fine before they gave Brittany the whole permanent thing along with dates.

I appreciate your efforts but I think the Central Zone shoot is dying or is dead and those in power are happy with the way things are.

Don

14. Barry C. Roach

I have to disagree with your take on the Central Zone. Jaquas screwed up the whole thing last year by choosing to drop out of the mix. If you guys in Michigan and Ohio can't put together a good, well attended Central zone site with all the registered shooters you have, then shame on you. The move was sour grapes and designed to spank the ATA ..............and it did.

15. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Then why didn't the MTA or Mason want to hold it this year?

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Barry answer me this why does IL deserve a spot every year on the weekend starting prelim. week. You know damn well with $4 gas shooters are not going to drive north(100 to 300 miles) to turn around and drive south to the Grand when they can make one trip and stop at IL or Evansville. If I was going I would stop at Evansville before I would go to IL.

Move the date back to the 3rd week end in July and maybe MI & OH will be interested. Let's see how well you would do with the old dates.

As far as Jaquas dropping out, I would have too seeing the screwing they got from the Central Zone and the ATA. I don't know whose butt got kissed when the dates was changed and IL got a permanent date. I do know they were not thinking about the other states.

You got what you wanted so don't be telling me shame on MI & OH. The only state that will be helped is IN and those 2 smaller clubs will benefit, good for them. I would rather see them get something as opposed to the glutonny of IL.

So Barry shame on you and your fellow Zone and State officials.

Don

John, MI figured it would be a money loser under present circumstances.

17. Barry C. Roach

I don't think Brittany DOES have a permanent CZ date, Don. I think Ohio state officials and others are now seen as uncooperative and vindictive. I'm like John Voliva, why isn't there a site in Michigan or the Cardinal Center or Jaqua's this year. The Central Zone is a lot more than just Ohio and Michigan.

Just like you said. Why should WE have to travel 7 to 10 hours to shoot the Central Zone Shoot (although I have many times). Ohio and Michigan were never hurt by losing we poor southern CZ shooters. Brittany always had a big shoot anyway and we all went there anyway and forewent the CZ. Brittany having a spot in the rotation doesn't cost Michigan or especially Ohio more than 2 squads worth. Never did. Never will.

Most of your CZ problem were self inflicted.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Barry I already explained but your rose colored glasses makes us all bad and you and Brittany the answer to the world. You have your shoot on the dates you want it, so screw everyone else. Try checking the dates of the other zone shoots.

MI and OH shooters will probably shoot the Zone in larger numbers next year when it is at St. Joe, IN. They will get shooters who are not going to the Grand but want to shoot their zone in addition to those headed for the Grand.

You stated Brittany "had a spot in the rotation". What rotation?? When you have it every year how is that a rotation??

Vindictive not really just pissed.

Don

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I was wondering why Brittany and Evansville are both hosting a zone shoot. They are only a couple of hours apart on I64. Now I know.

BigDon criticizing the ATA??? WTF is up with that? That has to be a first on this website.

20. Barry C. Roach

Your out of gas, Don. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Jaqua's set the tone and the ATA saw that it was this little corner of the Central zone that was getting screwed......and we appreciate it.

Your anger is misdirected. Ohio didn't want to play well with others. Illinois did. Now get off your duff and drive here. I'll make sure you have a good squad. The banks wont make any difference because they are all perfect. You'll like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.