1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Central Zone at Janesville, Wi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Donm, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Donm

Donm Active Member

I would like to just say what a well run, smooth running shoot that Janesville Conservation club ran last weekend. The targets were well set, the pie and ice cream were, well yummy. Payouts figured fast. If it wasn't for Mary picking on this old guy it would have been just perfect. I am sure they hear this all the time but there aren't many shoots any where that are better run than theirs. Thanks to all the volunteers at Janesville.

Don Mittag

2. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I have to second that, very well run shoot! Janesville is one of the best clubs in the state to shoot at, IMHO.

3. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

I have to join this one. The place is a machine. The grounds were beautiful, the targets were great, took me less than 5 minutes to get signed up, the apple pie - awesome! All clubs should run like this!

BTW - Hats off to the owner of the Red Corvette - that is one nice ride!

Dodger Boy

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

great shoot.....

tony

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I agree, Janesville is one of the best places to shoot in Wisconsin. Targets are perfect, and the staff is great. Thank you very much!

However, they still have problems with the outers voice releases. I saw many frustrated shooters during the match having problems getting a target. It often ended in a "LOST" call.

I was in the handicap shoot off on Friday and my first lost target (around the ninth target) happened after not getting a target on my call.

On the second round of the shoot off, to determine the champion, they almost had to move to another trap due to at least 10 failures to get a target with what everyone agreed was a strong call from both remaining competitors.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seems length of call, usually helps more than volume. Draw out the call, or hold it longer. Hard to do at first though, and shoot well, because you are thinking about it.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

puuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, bang , lost ... Not my style ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

A long drawn out call most likely will give you a slow pull. Best to have a good solid call keeping your call volume uniform through out it. Most people will start out soft and then go loud. Which ends up sounding like ull, instead of pull.

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

"Back-in-the-day"

Of pullers pushing a button (envision the 50 kids bused in for the WI state shoot)it was to be expected that you would get a kid that messed with your score (inadvertently)by lack of training or coordination. We lived with it. all of us. The main way we overcame those slow pullers or slow pulls, was to extend our call for the bird. the guys and gals that felt the pain the worst were the "yippers".Few of those now.

10. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I had 0 problems with the VR, I have a very crisp, clear PULL! All 400 of my targets were on time. Steve Wolf

11. NintyT

NintyT Member

Many a shooter has struggled with voice release systems, including myself. Those who refuse to adjust or change their call, and always blame the technology, will not overcome. Equipment can fail, but if it always seems you are one of the ones having problems, well..........

Ever notice that your gun mounted call is diff from your call for a look see target call? Does it seem like you always get those look see targets on time? Try to use your look see call when shooting. It's not nearly as easy to change as I thought it would be.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but trying to help.

12. Donm

Donm Active Member

I don't normally have a problem there but I know that if you have to make a major change like changing your call for one club that will be a problem. And you shouldn't have to. It isn't as easy as it sounds. As soon as you start thinking about your call then you stop thinking about the things you should be thinking about.

13. zoot

zoot Member

Very well run, super great bunch of people, i've shot there many times.

The Outers voice release were bad, one squad i was on had 2 or 3 bad boxes,
    and it wasn't just me, all of us had many problems with the same boxes.
    They really need to fix them.

The Red Corvette belongs to Mark C from Rockford,il

With all that said i'll be at the next shoot at Janesville.

Go back for seconds of the pie umm good Zoot

14. jdhog

jdhog Member

Next shoot on 8/18/2013 I plan on being there to enjoy the people and pie
    jdhog

15. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I hope to be there.

16. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I think Jamesville is a great place to shoot, but I have always had trouble with the outers, I notice some people are not affected as much as others, and also do better on the second day after they get adjusted to the traps. I also think that all of the shooters are getting slower pulls off the outers but just don't notice it. That being said I have had some great scores in Jamesville and have seen many others shoot great scores over the years, so it can't be all that bad............broken speakers are just that.
    I also like to buy my pie early and have it set to the side, that way when they run out I get kind I want......!