1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Centered top lever?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DelarockX, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

Can someone explain to me the deal with the levers? A lot of adds I see say that their levers are left or right of center. What's this mean?

My lever is centered.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Wear indicator on certain guns.

ss

3. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

it means your locking lugs are in fine working order. If it is centered you need repairs to the lugs.

Bobby

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

As the locking block to barrel fit comes from the factory the TOP lever is going to be right of center, after many many shots and opening and closing the gun, the parts wear, and the top lever moves to the center position, if the gun locks up tight at center there may be a few shots left before the locking block has worn out. Some are worn out at center, some will go to the left away's before needing repair.

But it is also an indication that work is going to need to be done. so If you are looking at a time that you won't be shooting, or are at a shoot and want to avoid weather, talk to the vendors on vendor row and see if they have the parts to make it right!

When the gun opens when fired, it is time right then, to replace the locking block!

Al Lingham

5. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

My new 682 LTD'S lever went to center in only about 5000 rounds. It didn't lock tight and opened a couple of times when fired. A trip to Coles this winter put her back into correct form---good as new! Great turn-around time as well, 10 days there and back.

6. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

It could indacate a going bad hing pin
    Pete

7. olddrum1

olddrum1 TS Member

I got into this discussion with a shooting buddy. Heres a good number to keep handy. 800-333-3288 I have called on several different things and all but once got a fast reply to my question. By the way, its Brownings service number and I did call on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.