1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

center core 3" at 15 yds= ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrb100, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb100

jrb100 Active Member

I patterned my shotgun at 15 yds. today and the center core is about 3 inches above aim point.I was wondering if this is near 50/50 or 60/40 at 40 yds.I had to raise the comb 1/2 inch just to get that high.I have adj. comb and adj. rib.The reason I patterned it is because I was clean missing or taking the bottoms out.The first shot I patterned was about a full pattern low!!.I have not had much time with this gun,so I'm trying to tune it in.

thanks,
    joe

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

center core 3

You are doing fine, joe. Don't worry about the percent figures, they are just for people who haven't patterned their guns.Think of yours as "three inches high at 15 yards" and go out and see if the misses are less numerous. Good luck and welcome, eventually, to a high average. You are on track - by finding out about your gun and how to adjust it - to start on one.

Neil

3. jrb100

jrb100 Active Member

center core 3

Thanks for the advice.I will shoot a few rds. sun and see how it goes shooting moving targets.

joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.