1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Center Bead replacement

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted

Ted TS Member

Lost my center bead. Does any one have a helpful hint on the best way to screw in a replacement? Thanks! Ted

2. Duck

Duck Member

Ted,

Be sure it's threaded, most of my mid beads are the tapered drive in type.

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

lost mine in 1989...never bothered to replace it.....

4. flyfishdave

flyfishdave TS Member

Ted,

what make is the shotgun? May give us an idea if it is indeed a threaded post or tapered, as well as thread size.

If the old one simply unscrewed, it's just a matter of finding a replacement; Brownells carrys an assortment. Worst case scenario, you may just need to tap some new threads. 3-56 seems to be most common.

I recently re-tapped my Beretta unsingle rib - looks like my sight was glued on b/c someone buggered the threads. Didn't want to wait 4 weeks for warranty repair, so I enlarged the M2.5 hole to a M3.0 hole, and got some M3 screws from Mcmaster to secure a Hiviz sight base.

The 3-56 and M2.5 are pretty close, but kinda small. The M3 is a bit more hefty.

You'll also need a pin vise or sight bead tool to hold the sight while securing to the rib.

good luck!

Dave

5. Ted

Ted TS Member

It was lost from a Krieghoff. It is threaded in and Krieghoff is sending me a replacement. The bead is so small that I was wondering if any one had a neat trick to aid in the installation? Ted TenBroeck

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Brownells sells a bead holder. It has a collet that tightens around the bead so you can hold it to screw it in without marring the bead.

Jim Skeel

7. flyfishdave

flyfishdave TS Member

Here's one for a smaller bead; need to order the correct one for the size bead you are planning on installing.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.