1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Center Bead Glare

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WonderBoy, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

Lately I have been noticed that when the sun is behind me or directly over me I get a glare off my center bear the makes it look twice as wide as it normally is. Any advice?

2. rrose

rrose TS Member

take a marker and make it black, do both beads and you will be less likely to bead check. randy

3. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Yes....Proper eye discipline would include 'hard' distant focus in the target break area, with your beads in peripheral 'soft' focus. As soon as you consciously or sub consciously look at something closer your eyes will refocus on that object, with resulting distant focus acuity compromised. Try it....you will probably no longer notice the 'glaring' center bead....Shoot well...Jerry

4. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Markers work but they are usually glossy after they dry and that will also reflect light.

Find some flat black paint of any type. If it's in a aerosol can, spray some in the cap then dab it on the bead with a tooth pick. Plastic model paint works especially well for this; there are some really flat blacks available. Every paint I've tried comes off easily with gun degreaser, brake cleaner or lacquer thinner.

Carol Lister

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Remove the center bead.

--- Chip King ---

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Is the center bead metal or white plastic?

Pat Ireland

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

polarized lenses.

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Keep a Magic Marker in your shooting bag and black them both out. Check them when you set up your gun before you go out to shoot, just like you check your chokes for tightness before you shoot.

The last thing you want to see is the bird, not your beads. Bright colored beads may be preferred by some shooters, but not me. If your beads bother you, black them out. If you don't like them, the marker comes off with bore solvent and it only takes a second. Nothing to lose, so why not try it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.