1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Census...can't find applicants

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Setterman, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Census...can

On the news this morning, the Census Bureau has stated they need employees.
    No one is applying. Unemployment in this city is almost 20%.

What does that tell ya?

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It tells me government bennies and unemployment pay more than working???

I know a couple of people drawing unemployment who have no intention of going back to work till the bennies disappear. One guy has been on unemployment for over a year and a half. He says there is a program that will pay for tuition, books, etc if you have been unemployed for 2 years. His plan is to be unemployed for another 6 months then he gets to go to school for 2 years on the government's dime. I don't know about the program, but I'm sure there is or will be one like that.

Another guy I know has been drawing for over a year also. His plan IS to go work for the census, and after that job ends, start drawing for another year or so. I don't know if that will work, unless the census job will last for 6 months.

Their rationalization? The government bailed out everybody else to the tune of almost a Trillion dollars, why shouldn't they get their's!

3. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

The Census Bureau wants people that will rig the count to conform to Obammy's agenda. That means don't count no dern trapshooters,skeet shooters or straight people that pay all the taxes and love their country as is without question. All they want counted are minorities,queers,steers,illegals and commie libtard fools that never ever have an original thought in their empty heads.

4. REM3

REM3 Member

I think flincher100 ha said it all ,

It tells me that many Americans aren't hurting enough to get off their fat asses, stop complaining about the "illegals" taking their work, and begin doing what they can. IMHO, no one that has cable TV should ever get welfare.

EXCELLENT post flincher

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I just can't understand that. Unemployment is insurance that's been paid, so I'd have no qualms about using it if needed. But damn, I sure would not want to be on it one second more than necessary. I'd rather be working to provide an income for the family and protecting my biggest asset, the house. Doesn't anyone have any pride anymore?

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I live in a college town (Wabash) and we have plenty of help, lots of profs spouses want to do it. I heard W Lafayette (Purdue) has plenty of help too.

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I thought I would do it part time for some extra "Mad" money. We are very rural and I know alot of the people. Heck no, no part time available. They want full time employees for 2-3 months. Good damn luck.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

While talking with 8-10 people at work a couple weeks ago I suggested that about half of all unemployed people who earned under $40K/yr probably don't even begin to seriously seek work until their unemployment benefits run out (i.e. stop being renewed). They all laughed. This puzzled me until they explained that, among the people they know, it's more like 90%. Several cited friends and family members who make more on unemployment plus under-the-table jobs than they ever did while working.

-Gary

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Under the table jobs. You better believe they're doing it. When the unemployment benefits run out, how do you think they're keeping their home? By the grace of the bank? Nope, they've gone underground. And I can't blame anyone who does. After all, illegal aliens have been doing it for decades.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I don't blame them either. But I do take this reality into consideration when people talk about unemployment figures and government meddling.

-Gary

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame people for the under the table jobs to put food on the table and keep their homes but the people who hire them is a different story. Not only are they taking advantage of them ( lower wages, no bennies) but guess who get to pay the lost taxes and usually health care for those that can't afford it now.

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Just came back from a gunshow today with a friend who has been laid off for a year and ahalf. He is lucky that his home is paid for. His home is very modest. His wife works at a nursing home but does not make much money.
    His unemployment has been cut from 490.00weekly to 195.oo weekly. He is 59yrs old and cannot find a job within the 50 mile radius now. My understanding that he is on an extention and if he takes a job even if it is a temperoray and is laid off again you loose your unemployment. Any job he applies for is 10.00 or less per Hr. You can't afford to take that kind of work with no promoise of employment.
    I seen this ad myself. Wanted an medical assistant. Must have 2yrs sociates degree with 2yr experience. 8.00 hr. Now that is plumb bulls*&^. He has been is office waiting for interviews and has been bypassed for mexcians. Yes I used that word and that is what it is.
    Barry Obama is going to take care of you Obamma voters alright.Aren't you happy.

13. chazbodazz

chazbodazz Member

I have recently been disabled by a QUACK surgeon that caused me to lose my right leg above the knee. My wife has been a REAL mom all these years and decided to apply for the census to help bring in some money. These A__HOLES were extremely rude and layed out all kinds of RED TAPE in order to be considered. She was treated very rudely which got her IRISH up!!! My ears are still ringing from the tounge lashing she dished out. I'm glad I was not on the other end of that phone!!! Needeless to say she did not apply. Charlie Gallagher

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Call your congressman and bitch to the local paper or news channel.

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Guys there are over 300 million of us out there--everyone knows at least one deadbeat. Lets hope in the near future there is work enough for those that want to do the work. Dan

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I applied for the census job maybe a year ago, with a friend. He didn't want to go alone. We both passed the test. I guess many don't. They have called me many times to take the class (one week, paid + milage). The job is for 10-20 weeks, part time (20 hours a week) you pick the time you want to work. Pay is $12.00 per hour, and .50 cents per mile. If you follow the rules for ID, it's a piece of cake. Assuming you pass the test and can use a laptop. I haven't taken the job, because, I though someone unemployed should get it. But, I guess they can't find anyone, that wants to work or can pass the test.........

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The first question on the application is, Do you speak Spanish ..?

The second one is, Why not ..?

Then comes the answer, Not qualified ...

Personally, I think we should make the Official language of the United States ENGLISH, hey wait a minute it already is ... I must go ponder ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.