1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cell phones linked to tumors

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Click the link above the World Health Organization did the study.

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

This is not new news....The Radio Waves sometimes pass right through your head depending on where the antenna is when your talking....That is why using a headset or Blue Tooth device is a good idea....There was one case where a tumor actually developed in the shape of the phone antenna in one individual!!!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bluetooth is no answer, the thing also uses radio waves.

You need to use a wired earpiece or a dashmount handsfree if you are going to spend all that time on the phone.

I have concern for my granddaughters who already have cellphones, in the 4th grade. They do need them because their mother is working in the afternoon when they get out of school. I would not like to see tham become constant talkers like the people I see in the supermarket, driving down the road, in the gas station, and everywhere else I go.

Maybe the thing should be backed off a little. I use about 200 minutes a month, even though my plan is for a thousand.

At 70, I think something else will get me first.

I think I will buy wired earbuds for the girls for Christmas. They have a lifetime ahead of them and there is enough to worry about without the cumulative effect of the phone usage.

HM

4. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Another news release.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'm covered.... got my aluminum foil and spagetti strainer hat ready for any and all radio waves...especially the ones from outer space!!

Curt

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I'm not worried! At 75 and only use it once or twice a day...I figure that something else will get me first!

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I read some time ago, the only sure way to be safe is to use the wired ear bud and not have the phone right up against your head. The wireless bud still uses radio waves to replace the wire......Bob Dodd

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It's micro waves coming out of the phone that do the damage, I don't think the bluetooth units operate in that range but I could be wrong.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think a late soccer mom texting, while putting on her makeup, will kill me first.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Bluetooth headsets only need to send/receive a weak signal to a nearby transmitter/receiver, using typically 10 mW or so, which is small compared to a mobile phone which has to reach a base station that is hundreds of meters away or more. Bluetooth should be ok to use.

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

High frequency waves pass through everyone's head constantly. I wouldn't worry too much about being hit by a meteorite either.

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

World Health Org???.....hehe

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Those high frequency waves can't pass through a vacuume so I'm safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.