1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cell phones for the hearing impaired..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Husky44, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Too many years of shooting and advancing age has taken its toll on my hearing. I need a new cell phone and need suggestion on which model has a loud ringer. Thanks

Domenic

2. TC

TC TS Member

Because I have the same problem, I got a small Sanyo (little smaller than a bar of soap), set it on vibrate only, and carry it in my shirt pocket. Works out pretty good. Tony

3. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

My wife is losing her hearing. Vibrate and text message. Thats how we do it.

Steve

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I have solved the problem but it didn't require a new cell phone. I purchased hearing instruments(aids)they have a unit that is worn around the neck. This unit is called streamer it wirelessly is paired to my hearing instruments.

The only requirement for the cell Phone is that it has Biuetooth. Once paired with the phone when it ring it rings in my ears by touching the button on the front of streamer it answers the phone. I can talk and the streamer unit has a Mic and sends it out through the phone. When the other person talks I hear it right in the hearing instruments much better than I have heard any phone in many years.

It is not cheap but it is the best there is as far as I am concerned I had Miracle Ear before and they don't even come close. The best fix for the problem
    as it also has a unit that allows pairing with my home phone and TV.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.