1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cell phone-outgoing and incoming and nothing else?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Onceabum, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Does such a cell phone exist? L don't need a camera or other such crap.

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

good luck,From what I've heard,you can't get them without texting capability either.All I want is the phone,I don't text.

Doug H.(pa)

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

cheap tracfone

4. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

AT&T go phone. 10 cents per minute / no contract / basic phone that does more than I need.I buy $100 block and it lasts almost the whole year. Set up with "all 3rd party billing BLOCKED" .... WHY? It will help you not get any fraudulant charge backs (phone scams). Tracphone is another great option.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

A lot of Tracphones text also

There is one called Jitterbug that is just a phone

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I don't know how much the phone you are looking for will cost, or how much you'll be using it, but,

Sound like you are looking for a car with carburetor in the year 2013. LOL.

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Not a big cell phone user but, got mine from AT&T and as per Impala Bob it does everything I need it to do, no contract and $100.00 lasts me all year, just remember to add more time BEFORE it runs out that way any remaining time you still have carries over. It's one of those that open & close, the closed part is what I like because I carry it in my pocket and it can't bump any buttons when closed, no need to lock anything just shut it. It was a re-furb, think it cost $20.00 about 3 years ago. Ross Puls

8. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Buy on ebay...I recently got my mom a replacement flip phone razr. She loves it. Kim

9. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

You guys are honestly missing out if you only use a phone to call, they are an amazing piece of equipment. The processor in a smart phone is more powerful the the computer on the first space shuttles.

10. wdan99

wdan99 TS Member

I've had the same cell phone since 2006. The phone does'nt have a camera and has a standard type telephone key pad layout, so I don't text! I will probably upgrade to a George Jetson phone someday.

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Amazing they maybe but there are some of us who have no need or desire for anything more than a basic phone.

Eric

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I still want to have some time to shoot, hunt, and reload. So I skip the Myspace, facebook, Twitter, texting, 4G, and all the other stuff.

I could probably use the weather radar about 3-4 times a year.

Not worth it.

HM

13. BFLip

BFLip TS Member

Virgin Mobile, I bought my first flip phone at 7-11 for 14.99 about five years ago, I'm on my third that I bought at Target. Have to put $20 on it every 90 days. Never had an issue with coverage, works in VA Beach, mid-state Iowa, north western PA and used in Disney World. It does two things, dials out and receives calls.

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I got the cheapest trac Phone in 2011. It was $9.99. and came with a coupon for doubling the minutes, (you buy 200 and it automatically gives you 400). It came with a camera, and capability for data and media. It is amazing how cheap the technology is. I do not think there are any "plain" cell phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.