1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cell phone help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I am now officially retired. Twice the husband and 1/2 the salary! I am ready to move into the 21 st century! My wife has the fancy cell phone with most bells and whistles! I want a frigging phone that I can call on and get calls on that can store phone numbers! Supposedly, there are phones that actually do this at a very economical price! I want to void the $41 monthly landline plus an average $25 long distance cost! Don't tell me to google or check on line! It does not work! When I go to the at&t store, they obviously try to peddle a fancy phone! Can anyone guide me how to do this? Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have a att Mil-Spec Razr that works well for me. Kinda pricey,but it is much smarter than I am.

3. 548

548 Guest

[​IMG]

Tom, I will help you out.

The Jitterbug was designed specifically for people with your needs. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Tom, go for a smart phone. You'll love it!

I have the Motorola Electra II and it is one heck of a phone.

Then ditch your land line. I haven't had one for 3-4 years now and get along just great.

Hauxfan!

5. grustyg

grustyg TS Member

go to wal mart look at either net 10 or straight talk phones. i have net 10 i get 2 hundred minutes a month and if i don't use them i don't lose them. this costs me $16 a month we haven't had a land line for 3 yrs. my wife has straight talk she gets 1 thousand minutes a mo. but if not used she loses them. this costs $33 a month. good luck oh and there i s no contract been there and will never go back.

6. B V

B V TS Member

I am on Verizon's senior plan. Includes enough minutes per month for me. Good coverage. No minutes charged if you call other verizon phones. They have a Ruggedized waterproof simple phone available at a reasonable price when you sign up.

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Be careful which carrier you pick because they don't all offer the same coverage, especially once you get out of the urban areas. Before you pick a carrier, look over their coverage map- some of the cheap ones have very spotty maps. I found that ATT is by far the best in the boonies in my area.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Check out Consumer Cellular. I get 350 minutes a month for $20 no contract and you can change plans as you go.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.