1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CELL PHONE CON GAME?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Gold Medal, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Anyone else have this happen to them regarding their cell phone?

I missed a call today. The # that called was (425)390-8127. This is an area code north and east of Seattle, Washington. I am in the midwest.

I called back. The gist of their call was for me to put my 10 digit cell phone number into their system and that would stop robo-calls to my number.

In another thread on here CharlieAMA gave a number of (888) 382-1222 for the same service. I trust his number more than the (425)number.

I was wondering;

Since they called me, why do I have to enter my number? They obviously already have it in a computer.

Are they building a telephone list to sell to robo-call operators? Again they already have my number.

Is there a branch of the Federal Government located in or near Seattle that has jurisdiction over the cell phone Do Not Call list?

By my entering my cell phone # in their computer (I didn`t, I just hung up) am I giving some sort of implied permission for robo-callers to call me.

Where did they get my number to start with?

If you care to, call the (425) number and listen to the message. Be careful. I`m not paranoid but as we all know it is a tricky electronic world out there.

What I am really trying to figure -- is this another scam, con, or whatever?

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I would not trust anyone calling you to put your name on the 'do not call' registry.

The government has a web site where you can enter the info yourself (see above).

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A Google search on the number says the 425 number is a robo call for a credit card consolidation company in Reton Washington. The DNC list is ignored by robos.

Eric

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If the caller ID says Private number, restricted number I don't answer the call. I let it go to voice mail. If someone asks for any info from me and I don't know what its about I hang up.

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I still enjoy, would you wait one minute please, then place the phone down!

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

slic lee, thanks you just reminded me of what I sometimes do. When the person calls and asked how are you doing? I reply with all all ailments that I can think of. I just keep tattling them off one after another till they either hang up or ask if I'm OK. I reply NO BITCH I'M DYING. Then I hang up. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.