1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrating the 4th with EBT

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Celebrating the 4th with EBT.

Went into work this morning at 5:30am and left work at 7:30pm. Glad I got the work! Well anyway I was bushed so I stop at the convenience store to get a Diet Coke fountain drink. The guy in front of me was probably in his late 20s or early 30s. He had hotdogs, chips, buns, beer all the stuff you would expect at a 4th of July celebration. Then I noticed the clerk rang him up twice. The guy swiped a card through the machine and then paid cash for his 2nd transaction, and took his goodies and headed out to party.

I know the clerk so I asked - “Let me guess EBT for the food and cash for the beer?”

Yeah I was right. What a great way to celebrate - your independence. What a great American. Drinking beer, setting off fireworks and eating chips and hotdogs that somebody else paid for.

43 Million people on food stamps in this country.

Gotta go get some sleep, have to be at work tomorrow at 6. Eat a hot dog for me buddy.

2. wrzone

wrzone Member

Really ticks me off when I drive by Fast Food places with a big sign in window saying we accept EBT.

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Hey don't pay the ransome I've escaped.

What are you saying Bisi? Do you think those who are unemployed or underemployed should not eat? Or not party on the fourth of July? I guess that if one is in the unfortunate circumstance of being in need of assistance they better stay out of your line of sight cause you have to work on the fourth of July. Tell us what you mean by your rant. Isn't it awful that there are those who have the audacity to believe they still have the right to a beer and a hotdog on the fourth of July even though they are in the cicumstance of qualifiying for assistance? Surely you have something else to vent about. Do you know the percentage of soldiers who are home from tours in Iraq and Afganistan who are unemployed and who qualify for assistance? It's something you can look up. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.