1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cecil Shaw Memorial Shoot at Oxford Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Oxford Gun Club will be hosting the Cecil Shaw Memorial Shoot on Sunday Nov. 8th to benefit St. Judes Childrens Hospital. There will be splash board prizes and a 50/50 drawing. Also, there will be commemorative hats and shirts available for purchase. The kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch. They also will have baked goods available to help the benefit.

Trapshooters, pick up your field gun and come on out to shoot some sporting clays and help a good cause.

See Shotgunshoot.com for the details. Shoot starts at 9:00am.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

What a great day for a shoot. Sunny and 65. We had a nice turn out today with 116 shooters. Everyone supported the raffles, bake sale, and 50/50's. I don't have the exact figure but about $1700 was raised today for St Judes childrens hospital. Great Job Everyone!!!

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I was told at our board meeting last night that the shoot raised over $2500 for the childrens hospital. Its great when shooters come together for a cause like this.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Cecil would have been proud..he was a great guy to shoot with and I miss him very much

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I think Cecil's wife is planning on this shoot being a yearly event.

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

That's great news. I'll be back for it. You guys are to be commended there at Oxford for always putting on a good shoot. I enjoy shooting trap, skeet and sporting there. I've met alot of good folks there. Anyone looking to go somewhere different to shoot or have heard of Oxford and just havn't gotten around to going there, take the trip. There is a big bunch of dedicated people keeping Oxford together, chairmens to the kitchen workers. Thanks guys, you know I'll be back.

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Spanky, Thanks for the kudos. We have a lot of great events coming up. See Oxford Gun Club on Shotgunshoot.com for more details. Also, thanks for mentioning the ladies in the kitchen they do a great job.

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

There are a few hats and tee's left. All money from these items will go to St. Judes.

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Tom W. was kind enough to purchase 2 shirts today during our Turkey Shoot. That gives us another $40 to send to the childrens hospital. Thanks Tom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.