1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ceasar Guerini Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD Trapshooter, Aug 22, 2013.

1. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

As the Head Coach of our high school trap team I try to help our kids choose trap guns wisely. I have a soon to be 3rd year shooter now shooting a BT99 looking at a summit combo. What do you guys and gals think of the Ceasar Guerini Summit combo. Questions are: reliability, parts availability, and resale. Any and all thoughts or experience is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

2. APrice

APrice Active Member

Reliability is excellent, parts availability is good at Guerini USA. Parts and repairs are needed so infrequently that shouldn't be a factor in your decision. Resale values haven't been the greatest, but that just makes a great gun a fantastic used gun value.

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Terrific gun. He won't be disappointed.

4. lboh

lboh Member

In singles I went from a season average of 93% to a 96.50% after my move to the CG Summit. That average included taking it from the box to ATA events after only 50 practice rounds. Average over the last 700 is 98%. Gained 3 yards in caps with it as well...

I had some initial questions after I received it and the head gunsmith at CG called me back directly

Will probably send it in this winter for the first pit stop after 2 years to have them look over it

5. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I sure like mine, and have found it to be in the next level with all the features you need. I traded up from a browning over and under and have never looked back..........Tom

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I think it would be a great gun. They are reliable, low maintenance and they have a top shelf service dept.
    The only problem I see for a High School shooting team is the price of the gun.
    There will be a lot of parents that may not be able to afford the gun if the son or daughter wants one after they shoot it.
    I would stay will the BT99.

7. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Superb gun. Better quality than Browning and, for many, better balance and less perceived recoil.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Sounds like used is the way to go.

Bob Falfa

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Definantly go for a mildly used one..the value you get is incredible for the money...plus it will retain the used price even with use as long as treated decently...a good move as long as this youngster looks to be a serious prospect to stick with the sport

10. Kerz

Kerz Member

Exellent choice. My averages have increased too. Good company, great shotgun, and great support.
    Vic

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Elsewhere listed here Dan is a nearly new Fabarms Axis..an economy version of the CG...bet it would fill the bill in excellent fashion taking the young person to their best level

12. trapshooter1981

trapshooter1981 TS Member

I bought a Summit Trap Combo in March, I used to shoot a BT-plus, the recoil is a non-issue, except it was popping me in the cheek a little bit but that is just a matter of the pitch. I love the way the gun points and the triggers are as good as you are going to get for under $10 000. The only disappointment that I have with my gun is the wood, after only 2000 rounds the finish was coming off of my stock and actually down to bare wood where my cheek sits on the comb, after talking with many owners of the lower end Summits this seems to be a recurring problem but Guerini is not addressing the problem. I went to Caesar Guerini at the Ohio State shoot and showed them my problem and the guys there offered me a $200 soft comb, not the response that I was expecting. Don't be afraid of the gun, they shoot great, but if I was going to do it again I wouldn't buy one until I could get them to cover any wood defects in the future.

13. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Assuming you're the first owner, you are covered under Guerini's warranty, if you can't get satisfaction at lower levels then call Wes Lang, Guerini's North American President and have chat up with him. You should have done this before posting here.

Surfer

14. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Wood problems do seem to be an issue with the CG's. My Summit Impact Sporting has a crack in the forearm and I have rehabbed the oil finish myself. I'm not the original owner.
    That said I do love the way the gun handles and the triggers are a cut above. I've put plenty of rounds through it without failure.

15. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Does the kid also drive a new Corvette to school?