1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ceasar Guerini Combo owners: balance?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mtimney, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Aug 2, 2012
    I have a CG Summit double and love it. I am thinking about adding an un-single or top-single so I have a combo setup. I have questions for those of you who already have CG combos.

1) Does the single barrel setup feel the same as the double barrel in balance/weight/etc.? I want the feel to be very close.
    2) Recoil is not an issue for me as I have a PFS setup, but my understanding is that un-singles may have slightly less perceived recoil than top singles. Have you found this to be true if you've tried both with CG guns?
    3) Do you think having an un-single is really all that better in terms of heat mirage than a top single given the Summits high rib?
    4) Using an un-single, do you worry about gun cant shifting POI? Would it be any different than with the double barrels on?
    5) Is the top-single as adjustable for POI as the bottom single? I've heard different things and wonder if anyone's done some testing here.

Thanks for your input.
    Mark T.
  2. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Mark, I have 3 Guerinis and they all balance at the hinge or damn close even the sporting gun with 34"O/U tubes. I add weight or a Gracoil to the butt of my trap guns as I prefer the butt to be heavier in my trap guns.

I don't have a combo but have a 32" O/U Impact and a 34"top single trap, I can pick either gun up and they handle close to the same. Have both guns set up for same POI and crush the bird with either gun.

As far as I know the top single is just as adjustable as the bottom single,could not tell you for sure as I tend to shoot 70/30,set that way there is plenty of adjustment left. No heat mirage at all with the top single as it has a pretty high rib. All Guerini trap barrels have the same rib height so that no matter what barrel you have on the view down the rib is the same.

Hopefully ChipKing will chime in as he has experience with all the barrels.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    I have the CG Combo 32" O/U and 34"inch Un-single I added lead shot to the stock to get it to balance at the hinge pin area, I have since had a Slick Slide Recoil system installed and the weight of it is almost equal to the shot I added to the stock.

W/Slick Slide it balances at the hinge pin.

The CG Top single will not have a high enough POI as Un-single. My son had one that shot 40/60 yes 40/60 at it's highest setting, a defective Bbl.

With your PFS you will need to add weight to it to get the Gun to Balance at the hinge pin, that is sometimes a problew using PFS systems.

There is not enough room to add weight to the un-single when you remove the top Bbl plug.

My gun balances the same with either Bbl w/ Slick Slide which added almost 10 ounces, that includes the wood that was cut out for the system, and a new Soft top Comb.

I am happy with the set up and it balances perfectly for me.

Gary Bryant
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to balance a ceasar guerini