1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Ceasar G. troubles/help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by verypoor, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verypoor

verypoor Member

Shooting doubles, it doesn't set the trigger for the 2nd shot, 5 times in a round of 50? Any ideas?
  2. dls guide

dls guide Member

Any chance that you are trapping the trigger between shots? I would let someone else shoot it some. Any changes to the stock? How many rounds since serviced or cleaned? Can you make it fire by moving the selector? Take the stock off and have a look.
  3. JohnR

JohnR Member

Make sure you don't have your trigger adjusted to far back or that the trigger adjustment screw has loosened. If the trigger is to far back it will cause all sorts of problems.

JohnR
  4. dls guide

dls guide Member

Good point JohnR about the trigger shoe moved too far back. The trigger has to be able to move far enough rearward to set up the second barrel.
  5. RottenLuckWillie

RottenLuckWillie Member

All of the above are excellent suggestions and possibilities...it may sound silly but a couple of times when I didn't snug the gun nice and secure into my shoulder it didn't set the second bbl. That's easy for me to do cause the gun is light and handles so easy, plus there's very little recoil with oz loads.
    Willie
  6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The trigger needs inertia to reset. If you do not hold the gun tight it will not have enough inertia to reset itself.

You can test it by dry firing the first barrel, and seeing how much of a bump on the floor with the butt it takes to reset it. Start with a light bump and increase.

HM
  7. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Had this same problem with my Combo when it was new, I took it to CG at the Grand and the Gun Smith actual had to reshape the trigger Guard just a bit and we moved the trigger forward problem solved.
  8. WJN

WJN TS Member

Shooting lighter reloads can also cause this problem particularly on soft recoil guns.

Jim
  9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Active Member

verypoor

You have a PM

Danny
  10. 87AA

87AA TS Member

I had this problem with both my 28 gauge and 12 gauge summits. The key to solving this problem is to remove the stock and follow the mechanisms.

As with many designs there is a little "T" shaped part that releases the sears when the trigger is pulled. This is sometimes called an inertial block ball. If the horizontal portion of the "T" (a little tab really) doesn't get enough "bite" of the sear it won't release it.

In the case of my 28 gauge it was simply a matter moving the top lever more to the left once closed. In the case to the 12 gauge I actually had to lightly file away bit of metal that wasn't allowing the block ball to fall into place on the second shot. After the adjustment I've had no problem.

Again, removing the stock and watching how things work will give you a good understanding of how the inertia system works and an way to resolve the problem.
  11. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

here is the problem withthis gun ... I know it is mine... sometime it doesn't set for the second shoot and sometimes it fires through to the top barrel so not sure what to do ... please remember this is a double release ... thank you not shooting doubles til I get it to the grand very poor is being very nice and trying to help all suggestions are great!!! thank you
  12. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

I have a CG trap combo that I have shot thousands of rounds through with the trigger in the most rear position with zero problems in singles or doubles: now it is not a release but I can say I know of no common trigger issues release or pull with the CG's. What I would do assuming this is a recent CG model is get into the hands of a CG gunsmith as you have a lifetime warranty for such issues. What I would not do is try to tinker, file or anything of that sort unless you are willing to void your warranty. I have spent a lot of time around the CG gunsmiths at the shoots and would be sure they would be happy to take care of your issue.
    Good Luck
    Vic
  13. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Yes and we are doing just so Vic ... they are great at CG and will go out of their way to help ... will be seeing them at the grand
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.