1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CCW Pro or Con?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gatguy, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

I'm planning on going down and submitting my application for my CCW on Tuesday. My shooting buddies at the range today said not to; Obama's boys would have me targeted before long...the 'gun police' will know that I have guns! Is this a good idea? I'm in a 'shall issue' state. Is this 'gun confiscation' thing really the future for all of us?
    Dick C.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

they already know

3. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

That is BS. You can't protect your freedoms by hiding. Get your CCW if for no other reason than the political statement it makes

jim brown

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I am with jim brown get it If you carry W/O you are in BIG SH$$

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Your armchair commando gun buddies told you that? Unless they have never bought from a dealer, ever, they've left a paperwork trail. Ditto for you.

If you feel your self-defense needs warrant a CCW, then get one. Self-defense is the consideration here, not what Obama wishes he could do.

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Excercise your right. I have had my permit for two years. I am sure the government knows about most of our firearms for all the paperwork required to purchase these days. Most reasonable people also know that it is not our guns they need to worry about, as the person that follows the rules very seldom commits a crime. Neil

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

If you have bought all your guns illegally, your "buddies" may have a point.

Or they may have pointed heads.

Don Verna

8. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

I think Ron Reagan had some of our 'shooting buddies' in mind when he made that comment about the folks who aren't stupid, it's just that so much of what they know isn't true. As has been said, we're already targeted as gun owners because we complied with the laws when we bought most of our guns, to say nothing of the fact that we hang out at gun clubs on Sundays.

9. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I'll let you guys know if they are picking up everybodies guns, since I live in CA they'll come buy and get mine first.

Until then try to enjoy yourself.

Randy

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Arizona is just about to become a state to allow CC without a permit. Passed and awaiting the Gov's signature and it's reasonably certain that she will sign it, maybe tomorrow.

11. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Only problem I can see with no permit carry in Arizona is you will not be able to carry in any other state without the Arizona permit.

The above guys are absolutely right. You should get your permit. Unless someone has been on another planet lately, you will have to know that they want your handguns today, your rifle tomorrow and your trap gun next week. Gun control means ALL of them. Join the NRA today!

Sorry for the rant. This is just a subject I feel strongly about. Google "shotgun destruction in England" and watch the video. We can not let that happen in America!

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.

Shoot safe, John

12. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Another thing to consider, is just everyday transporting of firearms to the range......I can not count how many times I have put a handgun on the front seat of my vehicle and drove home...or a shotgun on the back seat. Most everyone has extra shells in his truck...Without a CC permit, that "could" cause a major headache in some states.

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Some of the guys giving advise might not qualify for a permit.

Got mine 6 months ago.

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have had mine for several years now and strongly urge all who are qualified to get theirs.

15. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

Thanks for all the input, I'm NRA Life and imagine they know that too. I had an FFL for several years so imagine that puts me in the spotlight too. So, on Tuesday I go down and do it!!
    Dick C.

16. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

My wife and I took the 8 hour course in two four hour sessions last week. Have already jumped through all the hoops and the paperwork and fingerprints are off to the state.

The only thing that concerned me about the course was the number of people that didn't have a clue how their respective handgun worked and DIDN'T bring their own pistol/revolver to the class (learned this listening to conversations in the class). They rented .22lr pistols to shoot. Several had never fired a gun of any type and have no idea how recoil felt. My wife was the only one of four women who had a centerfire handgun and did not use a rimfire pistol. Many of the men, who had limited experience with handguns, also went the .22lr route. Yes they will get a carry permit if their background check is ok, but I believe they are poorly prepared to carry a handgun in public. I figure not many of them will be carrying a .22lr handgun.

I was proud of my wife who has had prior handgun shooting/safety courses put on by the local police department for women. She was the only woman to put all shots on target (actually within the 8/9/10 rings) and to be perfect on the hit/beam simulator. She hadn't picked up a handgun in 10 years. She out shot most of the men.

DoubleAuto

17. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

doubleauto; I agree there needs to be some proof of competance with a firearm, my state is 'shall-issue' and requires no classes, etc. I'm sure many people have the permits that maybe shouldn't have, but the state law doesn't require classes.
    Dick C.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The residents of Arizona who want to carry concealed in other states that have a reciprosity agreement with Arizona will still have to have a current CCW in their possession ... I have read the proposed changes and they state that any citizen of the United States over the age of 21 can carry concealed within the borders of the State of Arizona ... Personally, I think that should be that any person over the age of 21 who has not been convicted of a Felony can carry legally so our Canadian friends would also be able to carry concealed ... I sure hope those Illegal Mexicans read that part, that is those that can read any way ... Illegal Border crossing is or should be a Felony to eliminate any more problems at least on paper ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I sent that message to the State Representives and Gov. Brewers Office also ...

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If you did any paper work on a gun in a gun show or gun shop you are a marked man. They know who has guns just not how many. Get you permit and get it soon. It would be far worst to be carrying and get caught then to have a permit. In other words you will loose you gun and get a record.

20. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

I'm sure that getting a CCW does send a message.
    Dick C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.