1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CCW Names Were Printed In a Public Paper

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

It just came on the news today about a Va paper in Roanoke, Va that printed all the people in Va who have a CCW permit. They had such a out cry of neg reply that they pulled from their web site but are saying they are going to relist it later. The web site address is www.roanoke.com if the web site above does not work. Put in carry conceal permit and you will find letters written to the paper and part of the artical. There is also a reason why the writter wrote it. They even printed the peoples address to boot. On the news also the law makers are not happy about it to the point they are going to try to make a law to stop such things.

Here in Charlottesville, Va our town paper did the same thing with the reasons why people were ccw. Most had money. I was at a local gun shop and there was a guy who was looking at guns and was being helps by one of the people in the store. I looked at him and thought he was a reporter. I then asked him "are you the one who wrote the artical on CCW permit"? He looked at me with a smile and a bold tone and said proudly "YES I DID" I said "OH". Gave him a min then said "If I was knocked over the head and robbed and had to go to the hospital I would have sued the hell out of you for endangering myself and my well being". He then said "NO YOU COUNlDN"T. ANYONE CAN GO TO THE COURT HOUSE AND GET THAT INFO". I said "YEAH RIGHT. Mr Joe Blow crook is going to walk past all the lawyers,cops and judges and walk up to the office and ask for the list of people who carry. YEAH RIGHT". The person behind the counter just looked at him and he could not get out of the place fast enough. That kind of add can get people hurt and or killed. Thought you all would like to know of this. Please take the time and call them to give them a idea how dumb it is. They do have a 800 number. 1-800-346-1234

2. JOND

JOND TS Member

Must be a typical left wing liberal rag ! JOND

3. mitterand

mitterand TS Member

I suggest finding the home address and phone number of the reporter.
    This is also a matter of public record.

Post the information here and elsewhere and let those who agree or disagree with posting ccw information know what you think.

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

The CT Post (Bridgeport, CT) ran an article last week on the front page trying to accomplish the same thing for anyone with or who has applied for, a pistol permit in CT in the past ten years.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This is nothing more than newspapers abusing their First Amendment rights. And frankly, I have zero qualms about seeing this information being made private, due to their abuse.<br>
    <br>
    What was done was nothing short of coercion. The implicit threat is that your information will be made public, so that the company you work for can retaliate, parents of kids can make life difficult for teachers, coaches or scout leaders with guns, or gang bangers can burglarize you or do a home invasion for firearms.<br>
    <br>
    This doesn't just apply to firearms. A large newspaper in California threw a temper tantrum when the jurors in the Rodney King trial had the utter gall to vote contrary to how the newspaper deemed they should vote. So the newspaper published the names, phone numbers and work addresses of all the jurors. Why the newspaper wasn't charged with jury tampering, I don't know. Because in effect they were telling future juries that if they vote the wrong way, they risk having their personal, private information made public.<br>
    <br>
    If the media can't police themselves for abuses like this, then maybe it's high time to do it with legislation.

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Good post Brian.

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I just tried to find his address and phone number. The little weasle, coward,wimp has an unlisted number so I can't find his info to post. Can anyone else find it?

8. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Just one more example of why liberals(especially liberal reporters) are POND SCUM!

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

You are told that a CCW is public information when you receive it, at least in L.A. County. Papers can request the information from the police agency and publish it. Fred

11. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I just called the paper in Roanoke and Trejbal was not around to take the call. Couch couch. Yeah right. I was sent to the editor of the paper. Boy did he try to weasle out of things and make excuese(sp). He tried to say they did nothing wrong what so ever. I then pointed out that letting that info out endangered peoples well being. By doing so he could be sued. I asked if they had any lawyers and if they looked things over before they printed it. He said NO. talk about hanging you back side out. People take the time and call them. Be nice but call them.

12. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

With freedom comes responsibility.

13. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

If you go to the link above (and below) they have printed the writers name and address for all to see and the writer has not removed it. So you have to question whether it is real or not. However, for $100 or so, there is a plethora of information that can be found about anyone. Just go to Google and put your phone number in and see if your address comes up? You can request to remove it, but until you do, it's out there. Lexis Nexis provides criminal and civil action information including social security numbers and the like. It's not a private society.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/roundtable/columns/comment_on_trejbals_column_12.html

14. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I'm not even from Virginia and this really tees me off. If you go and read his editorial, he really tries to justify his reasoning behind what he did, but I don't care how he explains it, "Concealed" means concealed and NOT for public dissemination (sp?). I did a google search of Christian Trejbal Roanoke Virginia and this is where I found the "cut and paste" I included below. I found it under a bulletin board that had this an other information about the author. Plus other articles on all of the bomb threats he has been subject too since his article. Serves him right.

Here's his address

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTIAN J TREJBAL Born Sep 1970
    2502 FAIRWAY DR SW
    ROANOKE, VA 24015

e-mail address: christian.trejbal@roanoke.com

www.Zabasearch.com

Roanoke Times
    201 W. Campbell Ave.
    P.O. Box 2491
    Roanoke, Va. 24010-2491
    Main Switchboard: (800) 346-1234 or (540) 981 3340
    Attached Thumbnails

15. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Roanoke Times pulled the list. This guy should be a dishwasher. That's all he deserves Todd

16. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

I am Glad he published my information

Gee - Thanks!

NOT!!

17. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Here is an artical from my area paper.

CONCEALED WEAPONS LIST WITHDRAWN FROM PUBLIC
    DATABASE CLASSIFIED UPON ADVICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL

Va state police are no longer making public a database of permit holders of concealed handguns after the attorney general said fri that it should be off-limits to residents,

The database, according to an advisory opinion releaseed by Attorney General bob McDonnell, was put together solely as an investigative tool and therefore is an exception to the state Freedom of Information Act requiring pub lic access to many goverment documents.

"Anyone that submits a FOIA request for the list of permits issued, we will not be making that available," said state police spokeswomen Corinne Geller.

Although an attorney general's opinion does not have the weight of law, state are treating the opinion as advice from their attorney, Geller said.

McDonnell issued the opinion at the request of Del. David A. Nutter, R-Montgomery, who said he was inundated with calls last month from constituents who were angry that THE ROANOKE TIMES obtained the database from state police and published it online.

The database contains the name and addresses of more then 135,000 Va's. People were saying that that invaded their privacy.

They also said it place those people who were hiding from abusive spouses, exposed those who were crime victims. With that being out they could see whey they all lived. It also told the burglars which homes had weapons.

GOOD FOR HIM TO DO SO.

18. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

That is a little like closing the barn door after the cows got out isn't it? I would think that some smart lawyer up there would sue the paper and author of the article.

I would be a little upset if I were in an article like that and my address was printed for all the burglars to see.

John

19. smartass

smartass TS Member

4, it's usually a good idea to engage your brain before your mouth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.