1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CCIM Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rennerize, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

They are fine just follow the loading data.
    Don

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I use them in place of Federal 209A. Be advised,I only normally shoot reduced chages with these which keeps me out of trouble pressure-wise. I use 19 PB in a Gold Medal.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lots of loading data available - just follow it

Seems to me that they work better in colder temperatures- the colder it is- the greater the difference in ignition

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There is some data out there for them. If you can't find somethinmg to suit your needs, ask the powder companies. They are usually considered a "hot" primer and will usually increase pressures over those with milder primers. If you are trying to substitute them for another primer, start with loads that produce lower pressures to begin with and try to use a powder on the slower side. Unfortunately, pressures are not always predictable when swapping components, especially primers. I've loaded a lot of them and the only trouble I ever have is finding them. They are an excellent cold weather primer in many loads.