1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cci209m primers in gun club hulls & promo powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biggunone, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggunone

biggunone Member

How do the cci209m primers work in gun club hulls,and after you used them can you go back to rem 209.1 1/8-1200fps-18.5 of promo powder-dr-rf8 wad,or replace the cci with fio616 primer and 19.5 gr of powder.But it seams like these fio616 are not to reliable in cold weather and makes the primer hole larger.Iam down to 300 rem primers so i am trying to save a little cash and change my load,i would like to ues fio616 but i been told the are rough on firing pins,and sometimes it takes two shots to make them fire.Thanks for any imput.My load now is 700x rem209 dr rf8 1 1/8 18grs in rem gun club.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I use a lot of the CCI209M primers and don't remember having any issues with size affecting standard primer usage with Remingtons, Winchesters, etc.

Reliability of the Fiocci 616 in cold weather has been dismal for me, in many loads. They are standard size, but the end has less taper than other standard 209 primers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.