1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CCI Primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dr.t, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

CCI209 or CCI209M, Good ?, Bad ?, Use them ? Dont use them ?.

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

magnumthunder...this is a trapshooting web forum, indicating shotguns, I could only come to the conclusion that they are for the same thing...shot shell primers. I use the CCI209M primers with Clays powder and haven't had a single problem with them, they always fire no matter what the weather is like, in -7 degree weather even. Only problem I've found though is the price, they are $4 more per 1000 than the Winchester 209's in my area, and sometimes I'll have trouble getting them to move in the primer tray on my MEC 650, but other than that, they've worked great for me.

-Jollytrapshooter

3. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

Jollytrapshooter,thanks for enlightening magnumthunder about what this forum is about, conclusion correct. just wanted to know if anybody that uses them had any issues with them !!!!FOR!!! TRAPSHOOTING WITH SHOTGUNS. THANKS

4. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I have been using CCI primers for 30+ years and never had a problem with them. They are great primers for shotguns and for muzzleloaders. 209 or 209M both will do you well for what ever your doing.

5. BORDERLINE

BORDERLINE TS Member

use them all the time 15 yrs no problems. fed.for winter a little hotter Walt.

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

CCIM 209 work with Promo and Red Dot with WJ wads in Remington Cases ok if directions are followed.

Post-2

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I am Jolly magnumthunder, and you're correct! DING DING DING! I am indeed a 15 year old Junior from Iowa. HAHA, but I would assume just by reasoning, that they would be used for loading shotshells...now who woulda THUNK of that? And I would assume, that "dr.t" just wanted to know how well they work in general, don't have to know what powder he will be using, just if they work well for other people. See, I'm always jolly...after school everyday...and Saturdays and Sundays, plus, I'm even more JOLLY today because I got my guns back from the gunsmith and I'm goin' shootin, WOOT! BTW, never said I had more experience than you in reloading, just saying how they've worked for me for the past 2 years. Now, time to go shootin!

-Jollytrapshooter

8. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

Thanks to those who have replied to my question. I just wanted to know in general how they have worked for everyone that has used them, positive answers so far means I will probably try them. Now I am going to throw a nice thick Porterhouse steak on the grill,cooked medium rare, RED MEAT RULES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.