1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CCI Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem-Guy, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem-Guy

Rem-Guy TS Member

Does anyone use CCI 209 or 209m primers? Pros or Cons of the two? They dont seem to be a popular choice in my area.
    Justen

2. BWPBeretta

BWPBeretta TS Member

I changed over to them from Remington 209 and see no practical difference. The price is about same as Winchester and if that is all you can get then go for it. CCI has been making primers for along time.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The CCI 209 and CCI 209M are completely different primers, and are not interchangeable in recipes. I use the CCI 209M in my .410 reloads since the slow .410 powders are sometimes hard to ignite. The CCI 209 is a nice mild primer comparable to (but not direct replacement for) the expensive Remington STS primer.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I have used a lot of M's.

5. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

I use them in STS hulls with GreenDot. They are similar but not equal to a 209A. I got the recipe for this load via email from Alliant.

6. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have used CCI 209 primers when I ran out of Remington 209s. No issues with them, but have since gone to Fiocchi due to cost.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

In my opinion the CCIm is a duplicate of the Federal 209. I love them but I use both Fed and CCIm. The only thing wrong with them is they are not available. Wish I knew where to buy some

8. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I have found that they only seat flush in federal hulls.
    This is probably only a cosmetic thing.
    The CCI 209 seems to be as mild as the Rem. 209 and thru my reloading components dealer is the least expensive US made primer out there.

9. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

I have been using CCI 209's for about four months as a replacement for Win.209's (Win. 209's were not available). Been using them in AA's, work just fine.

10. TjayE

TjayE Member

I can only buy the CCI-209M primers. Do they still make and sell the CCI209 primers? Tim

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

CCI 209 standards are still available. That could change as they are shifting production to metallic cartridges and threatened to not sell anymore primers to the consumer this year. Rumor-maybe!!

12. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

I've used lots of the 209M's with very good results. Like an earlier poster said they seem to be very similar to the Federals.

13. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I called the CCI factory to find out if they were indeed the same and I was told they were not. CCI209M can be substituted for a Federal 209A but not the other way around. On a scale from 1-10 Federal being 10 CCI being 9.5. Their words not mine.

Ajax

14. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

When touring the CCI primer facility in Lewiston Idaho a few years back I was told that all shotgun primers were made in the Federal factory now. Both companys are owned by ATK. The reason for moving CCI shotgun primers to Federal was so they could increase the rifle primer production in Lewiston, who makes primers for military contracts.
    Carey in Idaho

15. oz

oz Active Member

FYI....the ...M....stands for MAGNUM.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone use cci 209 primers

cci 209m in 410