1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CCI 209 Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JRW, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRW

JRW Member

Is it OK to use CCI 209's in place of win 209's? I am using G-Dot in Rem hulls. Thanks Jerry

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't know about just using the same data but Alliants Reloading Guide lists plenty of loads for CCI primers and Green Dot Powder for Remington Hulls. I would follow the recommended data for your primers instead of playing the substitution guessing game. Just Say'n.................................

3. philk

philk Member

Yes.

4. LTB45

LTB45 Member

I use different primers depending on cost.
    My Hulls, powder drop and wads all stay the same.
    CCI, Federal or Winchester 209 primers which ever is cheaper.

5. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I have found data for Rem primers, 209 and 209P. Which are two different primers, load data is very similar. Same goes for FED primers versus the Rem primers, data is only off tenths of a grain. I rarely have a powder drop exactly the same there for I don't see any issue subing AS LONG AS the data you find is VERY similar to the current primer you are loading.

KEEP SHOOTING!!!

6. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

In the loading data I have studied, there is often a big difference between Remington 209P primers (one of the coldest on the market)compared to Federal 209A primers (the hottest). Of course the results vary depending on your powder, hull and wad.

Please be careful and use published data - including primers

7. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

AS MENTIONED...
    "AS LONG AS the data you find is VERY similar to the current primer you are loading."

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I just hope you guys that load by substituting with whatever looks close never kill yourself or worse yet some innocent shooter on the post next to you. They make published recipes for a reason. Reloading Russian Roulette is what many enjoy i guess.

9. kene

kene TS Member

a couple of the shotshell reloading manuals provide information that shows several thousand psi difference just by changing primers. as titan says "they make published recipes for a reason". penny wise and pound foolish to mess with this -- delta cost of primers per box is small compared to the risk you are taking. if price of primers varies from $25/thou to $35/thou the cost to load a box changes by a quarter [penny a shot]. is that worth the risk??? follow the published recipe or go to the hodgdon website and pull info down from the online data base.

10. revbook

revbook Member

What about loads using Cheddite primers? The only recipes I have been able to find that list Cheddite primers are for using Cheddite hulls. I am using Remington hulls, Claybuster wads and Red Dot powder.

Don

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Alliant will tell you "should work fine. Let us know how it works out." Lol

12. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

Thats true I called them and asked a few questions one day and I was suprised with the answers, mostly they told me " Yeah that'll work, its all about the same"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cci 209
cci 209 primer load data

cci 209 primer reloading data

cci 209 trap and skeet primers
cci 209sc primer
red ddot powder and cci 209 primers for a 1 oz load
shotgun loading data using cci209 primers
shotshell reloading data using cci 209 primers