1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CB1100-12 or DR RT12 Wads for 1 oz loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ScottEslick, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

I am using Remington hulls, which wad would you use for 1 oz. loads? OR maybe recommend something else. These 2 seem to be the least expensive and most versatile.

Thanks Scott

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

No contest, DR TGt12--blows away the claybuster product . Your press will be smoother & quieter & your gun will stay cleaner longer, especially if you shoot an auto-loader. But, if you're a fanatic & clean your gun thoroughly after every 100 rds, anything will work.

Phil Berkowitz

3. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Best to pick a wad based on the hull/powder/primer/recipe. They all go together. If you pick a wad first, be sure to find the rest of the equation that goes with it. GaryL.

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I use the Claybusters. I have for many years and have had good results. I haven't noticed them being any different than any other wads as far as cleanliness. They do pop in my Remington hulls quite often on the down stroke of my Mec 9000H.

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

The DownRange TGT12 is by far and away the best wad for 1oz loads in Rem hulls! Period! They load slicker and pattern more consistently than Claybusters.

AndyH ;-)

6. dimapower

dimapower Member

CB works very well for me. Don't know how they compare to the RT12's, but I like them better than the XL-1's

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I have both DR and Claybuster available locally, I like the DR TGT12 and see no reason to change. I have absolutely no reloading problems with the DR.

8. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Try the DownRange Jammer XL-1 wads. They are pretty effective.

9. 3357

3357 Member

I have used many thousand(s) of the CB1100-12 with very good results.

10. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

I use the tgt-12 wad and the drrt-12 wad the Down range wad for me is better on the 16yd line and the tgt wad I use for HC and it works great for me .

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'd suggest the Downrange TGT12 clone. I've used many cases of the CB1100-12 wads, but the Remington TGT12 was hard to equal, until Downrange came out with their clone. I've had a few issues with the Claybusters in my "Cold Weather" test simulations. The Downrange TGT12 has worked well in every load I tried. I've gone through two cases of them and halfway through my third without one problem or complaint. The genuine Winchester wad is also hard to beat, unless you look at the price tag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are drrt12 wads for 1oz loads

dr rt12 wad

dr rt12 wads

drrt12 wads
tgt12 or dr rt12
wad dr rt 12