1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

'CB' Handles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nomderf, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Bought my 1st 23 channel in the early 70's, then came SSB and then ham radio (NC4FR). I guess that is about 30 years plus of yakkin into some type of microphone.

The handle was "fast freddy", folks said I was always coming from or going to eat somewhere!

38-01615

2. Robert Long

Robert Long Member

CB days were somthin' Anybody collect QSL cards ? I think I might have got one from Yukon Jack

Rob Long

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

May Dad used to talk all over the world on his back during the Vietnam war he talked to a solder on Skip I guess, he also used to talk to some lady in Canada a lot they used to exchange money currency and letters in the mail from time to time.

We had a bunch of Q.S.L. Cards from every where, he went by the Little Moon Shiner here in Western KY. And I went by Ro-Ho which stood for a Rooster and the Q.S.L. cards was pretty cool as a matter of fact in the 8th grade in school I got in trouble by passing them out they didn't have a sense of humor.

By the way the Water Tank was our Antenna Tower it was 175 foot to the top it was cut down this year because we had a neighbor that was going to jump off it because him and his wife was having trouble.

Here it is with 3 legs before the fall [​IMG]

Ok the antenna's on it in the picture was for a pager service but back years ago we had a set of beams on the top of the ball.

Fog!

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Waverider was my CB handle. I had a home base, moble car unit and one in my boat. I only have the unit in the boat now. We use to drive up to a high spot on the island and talk mostly inter-island. I did get QSL cards from Australia and South American.

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Mine was "Footlong". The wife said it was an overstatement of fact.

6. joefriday

joefriday TS Member

"LAGNAST(y)"....... Let's All Get Nekkid And Shoot Trap.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

So Shadow then you are saying your wife would cut this dog at least in half.

[​IMG]
    L.O.L.

Fog

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When I was in High School you had to do code, and also build your own radio. I never did, but my pal did as his dad was into it big time, talking to Australia and the like.

HM

9. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Dey call me "Rumpledforeskin"... but not to my face.
    Mike

10. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Shootem:

I understand what you are saying about the "slanguage" but what do you do? My specialty was CW and really enjoyed talking with my fingers. At one time I owned and operated four 2-meter repeaters and they are still on the air today. I also ran a "Hamfest" for 18 years until it became too expensive to run it anymore.

Just like anything else there are always 10% doing 90% of the work in most arenas. I maintained the guy bases at the tower site for a TV station because we had one repeater at 1400'. It wasn't a lot of fun doing it but "I thought" people appreciated it - they don't.

If one of the repeaters wasn't working it was always (what is wrong with the repeater) as opposed to "how have you been doing".

So,I decided to get back into shooting and donated the repeaters to local clubs and shut down the hamfest. I have a 2-meter handheld in the glove box and took my two meter antenna off the SUV. My HF gear is in a box on the floor and I am in the process of creating a list and sell all of my gear and buysome type of combo gun!

One neat thing about it all is that I used to travel to the Dayton Hamvention for their big fest every year. When I started shooting I started going to the Grand and traveled the same roads and stayed in the same motels. It is very rare that someone has two hobbies with their biggest events so close together!

Anyway, I still eat lunch with a bunch of hams at the local cafeteria on Fridays. I am the youngin at 50 and the other guys are retired and living on fixed incomes. But these guys are still building and talking about antennas and the SOS and they love it!

38-01615

11. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Mine was....Mister Twister.

Jim C

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

FearlessFreddyFudpucker And I had to say it very slow. Had a few actualy depending on the channel. Long gone is that old Eagle base and D104 with the 1000W amp. and MoonRaker antenna..Ahhh the good old days. KOX8808 10-10

Rock

Jim

13. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Still listen with my NRD, Sony or Grundig. 30 yard inverted "L" wire. Too many religious wackjobs on the SW now. Use to catch Claude (Ft Wayne, Ind.)and Chuck Heston (west-by-god-virginia) on 3865 single side band go at each other like cats. The first was a school bus driver and the other was a drunk. Bless his soul. What a hoot! But C.B. is dead for us 4 wheelers. This is Pathfinder, I'm clear.

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Been a CR'er since the early 70's.

I also run a base station, but hardly turn it on anymore. To much crap out there.

I may be the exception, but I am a 4 wheeler and I have a CB in each of my vehicles. Heck, I wouldn't leave home without them. lol

Always nice to be able to check on the Smokies, or the road conditions ahead...........You know, just in case I want to make a little time.

My CB handle is Ramjet!

Although my wife wanted me to use "Deep Sea Diver" just because................I do it "deeper"............Well..........She said it, not me.........But I never doubted her.............lol......Hauxfan!

15. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Mine was "Hard Way" because that is how I do things.

d.s.

16. AlfeeSDS112

AlfeeSDS112 TS Member

Handle was "Big John"........then turned to Ham radio.....W7AXE. Had more Yaesu's, Icom's, Kenwoods, Alpha's and Henry's than trapguns : ) Now pretty much inactive in the hobby of amateur radio.....but may pick it up again someday. CB around my area has been pretty lame for quite sometime.

John

17. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm not into CB or HAM yet but what are some of the difficult requirements other than equipment to get licensed?

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

"Ghost-rider"

19. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Joker......

20. mod12shooter

mod12shooter TS Member

Coonskinner.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page