1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cb-6100 wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fvtrkyhntr, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

anyone use these in the federal throw aways? How do you like them?
    thanks ken

2. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

I have tried the 6118 in Fed hulls, and found there is too much gas blowby, creating off-sounding loads. A friend used them and velocity was all over the place. They will probably work fine in a tapered hull, if they are not too tall for your loader to process.

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I load misc.eurotrash hulls (including Federal T&F, Estate, TG) almost exclusively and I think you'll be a lot happier with the CB or DR 12S0 and 12S3 knock-offs rather than the CB 61 series.

Bob

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I didn't have good results with the CB6100 wads. They were dismal in my cold weather tests, but it may have been the powder/primer combination contributing as well. I would rather use the Federal 12S0 or 12S3 wads or clones in the straight tube hulls.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have very good results with Claybuster's Red Eight wad. One ounce loads at 1250 rule with this wad. I use 20 gr Solo 1000, Cheddite, Wolf or Nobel primer. This load does not have cold weather performance issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cb 6100

cb-6100 wad

cb6100-12

how much a cb 6100 wad wt

replacement wad for cb 6100-12