1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAUTION!! GUNS INC. CAUTION!!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by joe90t, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Please be Very Cautious about buying a Gun From GUNS INC. of N.Y. I won an Auction on GunBroker for a Shotgun. I called and talked to a Woman that instructed me to send a Money Order & FFL and she would ship the Shotgun. This was on Monday 8/2/2010. M.O. & FFL mailed that day, on Wednesday 8/4/2010 same woman calls Me and Tells me she sold the gun to another person FOR a Higher Price. Same woman says she is sending my M.O back.So it appears the Rules At GunBroker Do not Apply to GUNS INC. If you are the winning Bidder on GunBroker The SELLER is Obligated to send said ITEM to You. JOE WHITEHURST

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Just give her NEGATIVE FEEDBACK....other buyers will notice this and not buy from them. Rick ~~~~Texas

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

give them negative feedback and pursue it through gunbroker as much as you can....she saved her butt by calling you vice emailing you (e.g. hard copy evidence) but maybe you can get her to email you and have her document what she did.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

update: just saw the feedback for this seller....your first mistake was buying from a seller with multiple negative feedback.

5. JTEA

JTEA Member

0   0   0

I was recently tracking some seemingly low priced new S&W handguns from another seller on GB and wondered why they weren't selling. I finally checked the feedback and learned a lesson without losing money. BE CAREFUL! and be glad to have your money returned.

JT

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

They can also be sued for breach of contract if you really want to go through the hassle.

7. dshot

dshot Member

0   0   0

Thanks for warning

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I am not sure about the whole story but did you use the buy it now feature? If you did not then the buy it now takes presidence over you trying to purchase a gun over the phone. Gunbroker protects those that actually purchase the gun at the auction. I would like to hear the whole story.

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bad 303 I did not use the "buy it Now" feature as it was a 14 day auction and GunBroker shows I was the Winning Bidder. I was not trying to buy the gun on the phone only going by GunBroker Rules and contacting the seller to complete the transaction. I have an E-Mail from Guns Inc. that says"i just received a check from you for a gun that has already been sold please call me"

Bad303 I have purchased Guns on GunBroker before and never had a problem and this gun was purchased by me in the correct And Ethical manner. By the way I have sent numerous E-Mails To GunBroker and HAVE NOT heard a Word. Sir,I am an Honest Man 67 yrs Old & live & treat Everyone Above BOard. Joe Whitehurst

Bad303i have printed copys of the notification

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Joe i am not implying you are not honest but the gun i think you are referring to sold by the buy it now option and the auction was ended early just as most gunshops will do. They are in the business to sell guns to the highest bidder and will sell the guns if someone walks into their shop to buy it. Was it a Beretta 390 gold gun?

11. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bad303 I am sorry i did not think you were thinking me dishonest, but The Woman i talked to on the phone( I know Her Name,but I would rather not say) told me Monday 8/2/2010 that i was the Winning Bidder. Now to backtrack I spoke with a Man On Sat.7/31/2010 and he acknowledged i was the winner ,but must talk to (unnamed woman to Complete the Transaction). If I am wrong I will apologize PROFUSELY to Everyone on this Site,but with the Printed Copies of this transaction It sure seems like I bought a Gun to Cheap and they sold it to someone after the Auction WAS over. And Yes It Was a Beretta 390 Gold. After 14 days it is Amazing all of a sudden it was sold ,but only after I had won the Auction. Joe

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Joe i can understand your frustration but here is what actually transpired. I tried to purchase the gun over the phone on 7/28 around 10am and was told there was someone else on the phone at that time that was very interested in buying it and they asked me to call back in 10 minutes. So i returned the call and they informed me it was sold to the other fellow on the phone. I thanked her and hung up.
    The next day i spoke with a friend of mine who was the buyer on the phone when i called. He lives about 60 miles from me and we both laughed about our timing. He was at work and is unable to use his computer for personal business. He asked the lady to sell the gun for the 799.99 buy it now price and he agreed to pay the 35.00 shipping as well. She called Gunbroker to ask how to handle the deal and they just told her to end the auction. That is what she did and he sent the money order and now has the gun. I have seen this done many times but i think she should have cancelled all bids so as not to have soemone else think they bought a 900.00 gun for 330.00. I hope you now understand there was no underhanded dealings just some poor communication.

13. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bad 303 Thank you for clearing this up for me. I feel a little better about the deal now. I am sure Glad the other sellers on GunBroker run their business in a more Professional manner. If the Man on SAT. & the Woman on Mon. Had not told me I was the Winning Bidder I would have had no problem. AS for buying a 800.00 Gun for 330.00 It Sure has been Done Before. Did you notice how few Bids there were in 14 DAYS. Bad303 Thank You Sir I Appreciate your setting me straight on this. Since you talked to the Woman then you Must Know SHE is the PERSON that has been HANDLING the Sales on GunBroker for some Time. Looks to me She was smart enough to Call GB and cover her mistake. But, hey it is OVER And I Will ASK YOU DO you think I should Apologize to the Folks that visit this Site. It Is now in you Hands. Joe

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Joe from your view i can imagine after being told you were the winning bidder you thought you bought a bargain and indeed you would have. But i would think some red flags would have popped up when you noticed they ended the auction way early. I don't think you owe anyone anything. Like i said before it was a poorly communicated transaction that had no shady intentions and i too was runner up for th purchase. No harm from you at all. I also know the gal was extremely upset about her mistake. She called my friend to ask if he would ship the gun back Tuesday and was in tears while on the phone with him. I will keep my eyes open for another nice gold gun and let you know if i find one. Take care.

15. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you Bad 303 you sir seem to be a Gentleman and I DO appreciate you and Your Information. Have a Great Weekend. Joe

16. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Tread very softly when expecting Gun Broker to help you if you are wronged. I bought a pistol that was defective(pierced primers)and tried to return it. Was refused even though the seller was informed the day after receipt the pistol had a problem. Filed a complaint very carefully detailed & pictured & Gun Broker never even said they got it(express mail)let alone looked into the issue. They have so many 1000's of sales they don't care. They got their cut,so the heck with you. I have cut my pruchases through them to an absolute minimum & do very little business with Gun Broker. Tom Lobonc

17. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

I have a one negetive rating on Gunbroker and it is for this very reason. I was notified by gun broker that I was the winning bidder, but what actually happened was the guy who listed it had made a mistake and closed the auction. The problem came when I contacted him about being the winning bidder and he told me he would not sell me the gun for that amount, not that he had made a mistake. I contacted Gunbroker and the person got upset and gave me a negetive rating. I think Gunbroker needs a system that will not notify the highest bidder if the buyer has done something different.

18. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you ,Gentlemen It appears I am not Alone With this Problem, But it is over and we can all move on to the COUNTRY"S REAL problems. Thanks Again Everyone I feel much Better after raving about this. Merry Christmas Joe

19. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

Gunbroker and Guns Inc both sound like two outfits who could care less about the consumer.

20. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Check out Auction Arms - run by shooters for shooters.

Never had a problem with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.