1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Category Injustice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 9, 2013.

1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

At a recent state shoot-- 3 persons with scores of 199 had to shoot off. One was champ--the other 2 had to take their categories--they got $25.00 each

A shooter with a 197 got runner-up and $100.00

Time to go back to the way it was.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Macbe39

Macbe39 TS Member

Last fall I shot 95 in handicap and won Sr. Vet, they gave me 4 boxes of shells. they gave my yardage group win to a 94 and gave 16 boxes of shells to that shooter!!!!! no more category for me. Glen Beck

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You make the choice.... each shoot you enter. All American points, or $$ and prizes...

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You don't have to declare a category and if memory serves right you never did. They just added some new ones.

So lets be honest, is this just another attempt to slander the ATA?

5. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

LTS,

No, I don't think so.

I think it is because some of us have those type of personalities where we like to get beat up and abused, and we find that we can do that easily, just by posting here. Understand?

6. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Looking through the event entries at any major shoot on the TS.com Shoot Scores it is amazing how few shooters are entered open/non-category .

Apparently two bites at the apple remains popular despite the perceived inequities mentioned here.