1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Category Declarations Even More Important

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lisalong, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisalong

lisalong Member

After reading the rule changes that start in the next calendar year, it appears that category declarations are even more important than before. With only one category per shooter (no longer can you be both a lady and a junior, for example) and with the "category" take priority over placings and class/yardage (even for runner up, but not champion), the declarations (or lack thereof) are VERY important. I applaud the ATA for limiting the number of categories a shooter could have in a shoot.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I disagree somewhat. If I won lady's category, and a Jr. Female outshot me, but she got second place for Junior and lost out on the Jr. trophy, I feel as if she deserves to have the Lady's trophy. But it is what it is...

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Lisa,

The new rule changes took affect last Tuesday (September 1st.) But perhaps you meant to type target year instead of calendar year.

Also, keep in mind that these changes apply to major shoots/events (where AA points are awarded) and shoots that have ATA trophies. Small local shoots can do things differently, but they often choose to follow the rules that apply at the major shoots (just to keep things from getting too confusing.)

Given that, I've advised the clubs in my state that they may want to specify how they will handle these situations for their small shoots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.