1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cataract Surgery Thursday

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Getting left eye done Thursday and master eye done next. Looking forward to having it done. Funny how every once in awhile the target looks like someone put mud all over it. Mark Deprez told me awhile back "Welcome to Geezerville."
    But I don't accept that. puablo

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you have any fears don't worry. It was a real easy operation. I was driving the next day with no problems. The eye is a lot better. Welcome to Geezerville. Lol, Bulge.

3. Ted

Ted TS Member

How long after surgery before you can shoot? Ted TenBroeck

4. BufferBob

BufferBob TS Member

Ha ving mind done on Wed/ Left eye also. Going in this afternoon for pre-op

5. biff

biff Active Member

What lens are you having put in? There are several types other than just a standard one for close and standard far vision lens. Also if you have floaters, you will see them much better! Most shooters would seem to need the close focus for the non-dominate eye and the distance lens for the shooting eye. Some eye docs don't understand shooters needs, make sure before you have it done as to what they plan to do. Also make sure he has a long and great reputation for this surgery. Biff

6. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I disagree with Biff. Dedicated shooters should have standard distance lens for both eyes. The distance and close lens system along with specialty lens have not proven to be satisfactory for most shooters. Stick with the best distance vision possible in both eyes. Get a have dozen pair of reading glasses from Walmart for your close up needs.

No matter what lens are chosen, very few folks will obtain the best possible distant vision without some RX. In my case, I have 20/25 vision in both eyes after cataract surgery. This is fine for most folks and the doc can say glasses were not needed after surgery for distant vision. However, vision tests showed I had 20/15 vision in both eyes with RX glasses. To me, as a shooter, I prefer to wear glasses and see 20/15.

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Good luck to you guys having it done also. puablo

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Had mine done on a Wed., i normally shoot Thurs. mornings but I had a follow up with the Doc on Thurs. and had to to wear a plastic eyecup at night for a week. I went shooting the following Thurs. 8 days. Be SURE to follow instructions on the eyedrops. The Doctor really stressed the eyedrops. Bulge.

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

were you able to drive the following day?

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Yes I drove to the doctors the next day. The Doctors office is only a mile and a half away. That was all the driving I did that day but back to normal the followong day. Mine was done on July 9th. I did not have my shooting eye done. I shoot lefty and had the right eye done. Bulge

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

ke4yyd sings my song.

Anyone having the near/far thing done will not shoot very well unless they have always been a one eyed shooter.

Plus your brain well need to be rewired.

HM

12. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Jeff, Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I am going to need it in the future on both eyes. I have had 3 eye exams in the last 2 months as the Doctor is worried about glaucoma. ( I really don't need that). Listen to your Doctor as to when you can shoot!! Larry Evans

13. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I had cateract surgery this past summer. I was legally blind. I now have 20/20. For reading small stuff I use cheaters. I explained to the surgeon what I wanted(great distance eye sight) for shooting. This has been the best thing ever for me.
    Todd

14. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Guy's

Please don't think you have to belong to Geezerville to get cataracts, I have had my right implant installed getting my left very soon at 46ys old witch is young for this procedure.

thanks
    lee

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Best Wishes on the surgey. I know it will be fine and the outcome great. As old as Bulge is, he owns geezerville!

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Talking about geezers... cataract surgery and prostrate medication do not mix well. If you are taking such medication, be sure to mention it to your eye surgeon before the operation (just in case he forgot to ask!) Chichay

17. biff

biff Active Member

Buzz, you don't agree with me? Rewire your brain? Yep, both eyes should be exactly the same, then ask Phil Kiner why you have cross dominance problems. Oh! You close one of them, well that's just bully! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.