1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cataract Surgery Results

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Wow! Just got my one week post-op report/checkup. Doc says I'm good to go, do whatever! I had my left eye done last Thursday. Master eye is scheduled for the end of the month. I'm looking forward to the grand finale. Eye sight in left eye is crystal clear (distance), Thank God.
    I'm thankful that I got lined up with a super Doctor that is well renown in our area...his setup is like a mini-hospital.
    If any of you are considering this, but doubtful about what the results could be, check it out with a good doc in your area. I'm only 60, and have had the cataracts for about 4 years, this year with them giving me noticeable trouble. I didn't want to wait to get it done. I'm glad I'm doing it early. Hopefully the next eye will go just as well. Good luck to you if you are having it done.
    Jeff Philipbar/puablo

2. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I hope you have the same results with the other eye and I am sure you will. I am having one done on Nov. 4 after the SC nationals and the other one 4 weeks later. I hope I have the same results.

3. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Have you noticed that colors are much brighter and much mmore vivid..

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Color is brighter, but the clarity is the big difference for me...Good luck to you on your surgery. Jeff

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I had mine done this summer at the Cleveland clinic. I am still amazed at the results. The doc said at the first visit that he could probally bring my vision back to 20/20. He was right. Good luck for all you guys going in for the surgery.
    Todd

6. oletymer

oletymer Member

I had both eyes done last year and what a difference. I wanted good distance vision and I got it. Close vision requires wearing glasses for reading.

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

had the master eye done yesterday...real happy so far. The operation wasn't as painless for me on this eye though. Don't know if it was because I had a stigmatism in that eye or what. The Dr. had to use tons of drops and stuff during the operation. It burned like crazy. And I made a mistake to agree to be part of a blind study for a new eye drop that he wants approved by the FDA, and I think I may have gotten the one that had no active ingredient in it to reduce the inflamation, but I'm not sure. When I got home it was sore and really inflamed for the rest of the day and night. But no big deal because when I got to the Dr. office today for check up, the doc was super pleased with the results and said everything was perfect. So, that's all that matters to me. Today the eye feels a whole lot better and is a lot less inflamed. Overall, I'm tickled pink with the whole deal. Can't wait to get going again next spring on ATA targets.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad to hear it went well, Jeff

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Evan, good to hear from you, and that all is well with you. Been doing quite a bit of bowhunting so far, but I'm out of action for 1 week with the recuperation. That's ok, doesn't look like the rut has started at all in our area yet. As far as the reading glasses, I know I'll probably have to use them for that, but I don't mind that. Take care buddy and have a good hunting season and holiday. Jeff

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Now, after about 4 months after the cataract surgery, I can say that the results have been amazing. My distance eyesight is the best it's been in years. I go back to the surgeon in about a month to see if any prescription will make a difference for distance. He said he doubed it, but wanted to make sure. I can see crystal clear, both eyes, distance wise. Really glad I had it done in both eyes when I did rather than waiting. Just started shooting practice again due to the weather. Had a 97...snow background, a little rough, but happy with that for starts.

11. mkr

mkr TS Member

Hi Jeff, I am glad things worked out well for you. The only down side is it will be that much tougher to out shoot you now.

Wishing you the best

Mike & Jen

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Glad it's worked well for those here.. Mine gets done on April 11th.. My right eye.. Then I'll go from there.. My right eye was dominent for most of my life.. Now.. I'm left eye dominent and vision.. for the most part is uncorrectable.. i had no other options.. I hope I have the success that you all have had.. The doctor say's he thinks I'll come out 20/30.. which is a damn sight better than I am today.. i'll still need my readers for bench work and close up however.. I can live with that... All Good Mike

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Hi Mike & Jenn...hope all is well with you all. Mike, when I shoot against you I want extra hot loads, I'll need em! Looking forward to seeing you in the spring. Take care, Jeff

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Glad it's worked out for you. Hoep the second one goes as well!

15. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Congrats, Jeff. Good to hear it went well for you. I wish I could say the same. Had my appointment with the surgeon back in Jan. & they said my vision isn't bad enough for the insurance co. to allow it! Great! I am now on an annual check-up with the eye surgeon until I am blind enough for insurance to cover it! I think he said 20/50 is what they required. Not sure how bad this is, but it sure can't be good. Oh well. The good news is thus far the Blaser seems to be working pretty good for me. Now if we could get some warm weather so I could really enjoy shooting it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.