1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cataract Surgery Part II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

In late August of last year I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was blown away by the results of my first surgery .

For the first time in years I could see again. Not to mention I could drive at night (without glasses)

Well, last Thursday I had the left eye done. Talk about a difference. My right eye was sore for a week, and I had to wear dark glasses for three weeks (even indoors and at night).

Left eye? No pain, and no dark glasses the next day. I've donated all my prescription glasses to the Lions Club, and got a cheap pair of readers from the local drug store.

A slightly different procedure for my left eye. This time I have to put in eye drops for a month. With my right one I was part of a study where they injected the medicine into my eye, and no post-op drops were needed.

It's great to be able to see again, and man, my wife is a dish !!

The only downside is no shooting or cigars for four weeks.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Been there and done that. And it is an amazing procedure.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that your surgeries where so sucessfull. I had both eyes done last summer and couldn't be happier with the results. 20/20 the day after surgery in each eye, surgery was two weeks apart.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes sooo much whiter and brighter...

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Glad you all had great results. Tecnology is a wonderful thing.

6. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Congratulations that your surgery was a success. When I had both of my cataracts removed it was over 24 years ago and I am sure the procedures are much better now. I also noticed a great improvement in my vision afterwards.

Also, many thanks for donating your old glasses to your local Lions Club. I have been a member of my Lions Club for over 47 years and I know the good that can be made from the used glasses.

Allen

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I have some prescription shooting glasses. Should I donate those too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.