1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cataract Surgery Follow-Up

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Follow up to previous post:

My post cataract surgery complications are referred to as POSTERIOR VITREOUS DETACHMENT. "When people reach middle age the vitreous gel may start to thicken or shrink, forming clumps or strands inside the eye. The vitreous gel pulls away from the back wall of the eye. This a common cause of floaters." Text in quotes is taken straight from pamphlet available in Dr's office.

In my case the condition causes the appearance of a lacey curtain floating out of focus just in front of my eyes. Both eyes affected, each started approx four weeks after surgery in that eye. Not like what I consider a normal FLOATER that comes and goes. It is always there, waving endlessly.

Prior to surgery My vision without glasses was approx 90/20. With glasses 40/20 with severe night time glare. After surgery my vision is 20/20 in left eye and 20/25 in right eye. This was before complications of POSTERIOR VITREOUS DETACHMENT. Although the waving images are annoying there is not much degredation in the sharpness of my vision. No need for corrective glasses at this point. Just the maddening flag waving. This condition is expected to improve with time. Don't know if I can wait, scheduled a Dr. visit this afternoon.

A word ot two to those considering surgery. The worst thing about it was the needless anxiety prior to surgery. Just relax on your back. No pain, no discomfort, no anesthetic after effects. I even had cofee and muffins in recovery. Recovery lasted about thirty to fourty five minutes and I was released to my driver. I sufferred from astigmatism and opted for the TORIC LENSES so that my chances of not having to wear corrective glasses post surgery were good. Post surgery everything positive anyone has ever said magically came true. For the first time in my life I could see really well without glasses. Color and contrast improvements were incredible. I really enjoy just going outside and enjoying the view.

Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY!!! I feel that my current condition will either improve or be eliminated with Lasor treatment. I strongly suggest that if you are considering cataract surgery, DO IT!!! If you have astigmatism, spend the extra money for TORIC LENSES.

My previous post was not intended to scare anyone. It was however an honest venting of my frustrations at that time. Today I have a more hopeful outlook (no pun intended).

As treatment progresses I will post again.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I sincerely appreciate them all. Marc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.