1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CATARACT SURGERY ANYONE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joshif, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshif

joshif TS Member

Both of my eyes have implants from removing cadillacs.Recoil in a non issue. I asked the Dr. about fist fights,he said NO! Hope this helps, your results may vary!LOL

2. Janet

Janet TS Member

No problem with recoil after surgery. I now have 20/20 vision after both eyes corrected. Targets look like large pizzas.

3. OldDog2

OldDog2 TS Member

I'm an Optometrist who also a trap shooter. Be careful for the first week or two. The recoil can open the insision till it has a chance to heal. The first week is the most important. Watch you buddies miss the birds for a little while.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

No problems after cataracts (not Cadillac's!!) in both eyes were removed. have implants now. (38DD lol, kidding) also 20/20, no more glasses after 52 years!!

Oh, 10 months after surgery 99/100 in the presidents handicap at the Grand!!

do it and enjoy it!!

Jim

5. vetteman

vetteman TS Member

I had my left eye done when I was 46 and my right eye done 7 weeks ago.It's sure nice to be able to see again.
    Dave

6. joshif

joshif TS Member

BigMPerazzi, Maybe I should have said-Honda's? Just a joke son.

7. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Just had my right eye done three weeks ago. Doctor said shooting was OK after just a few days. I waited two weeks. I'm very disappointed at this point. My eye is just as blurry now as it was before the surgery. The doctor says not to worry, it'll be OK. Easy for him to say, it's not his eye or his targets. He offers no explaination or no possible remedy. I wonder if he'll understand a letter from the family lawyer! Something needs to wake this guy up. Besides his having a severe "walk on water syndrome" he does not have a clue about shooting moving targets. To cap it off, he came highly recommended by several hospital staff members, other physicians, and former patients. All I can say is becareful who you go to and preferably go to someone who at least understands what trapshooting is!

8. B391

B391 TS Member

follow bigdogs advice. it's the same as my doctor told me. the effect of cataract surgery is like opening the blind on a window. i have 20/25 corrected. much better than the snowstorm i saw before.

9. JTPTM1

JTPTM1 TS Member

HAD MINE DONE 3 WEEKS AGO, TRAUMATIC CATARACT WITH A BUNCH OF SCAR TISSUE REMOVED AS WELL. SHOT AFTER A WEEK AND PRESSURE BUILT UP INSIDE. HURT QUITE A BIT. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND WAIT AT LEAST TWO WEEKS.
    JOE

10. mr. listo

mr. listo Member

dumb 1, I've had both eyes done and the doc said follow only one rule: NO SHOOTING FOR A WEEK. My doctor loves sporting clays and bird hunting.

One piece of advice: if he gives you a choice of being put to sleep or just barely under, be put to sleep. I was 'barely under' for the 2nd one and it was not a pleasant experience (all that activity right at your eyeball). Just think of the brillant colors you'll see when it's over. Also, if you get any glare or rays of light from lights when driving at night, go back and have him laser holes around the lenses. He'll know what to do. That will take care of it.

Now, what am I going to do with the 10 sets of prescription lenses I've collected over the last 15 years?

But it's great paying only $40 for a set of plano lenses!!!

Good luck,

Harry Gable

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Noodle, I assume you had the corrective lense implant and not just the cataract removed? I'd get another opinion. All things being equal, you should have noticed IMMEDIATE improvement in your vision...

jim

12. vetteman

vetteman TS Member

Harry,
    I was never given the option to be put under.For that matter,everybody that I know who's had the surgery has been consious for the operations.I stayed awake for both procedures and it wasn't too bad at all.
    Noodle,
    Improvement should be immediate.It was explained to me that there is an improvement period of seven weeks of which 97% of the improvement comes in the first couple of days.Seems about right to me.I just hhad my seven week checkup yesterday and all is well.Hope all goes well with yours.
    Dave

13. inkie

inkie TS Member

I will be having my catract surgery in April and I have a question about focal length. My doctor tells me he will give me lenses for distance. I am wondering if any of you have this type of lenses and what do you see at shorter distances? I know I can get glasses for that but, I am wondering if mid focal length would be better for trap and shooting a pistol. Thanx

14. Janet

Janet TS Member

I would always elect to be awake with this surgery. They do give you a "relaxation" shot and I truly enjoyed the show. But, after the first surgery when having the second surgery one year later, the nurse told me I "talked"too much. Who would have thought!! I don't remember....

Janet CJ

15. joshif

joshif TS Member

Inkie, I had mine done for distance. I can still read at arms lenght but it'd be 50/50. Reading glasses at Dollar General are $5.00. They work fine.I'm 20/20 with one eye and 20/25 with the other. Old cataract fuzzy lenses removed and implants installed. I still use a very small prescription for astigmatism in the left eye. He did some work for the astig. in the right eye.I still have my Coke Bottles for comparison. God Bless technology! I was released by the Dr. after 3 weeks. No problem to wait.

16. inkie

inkie TS Member

27-M12 Thanks for the reply. Its funny, the doc said: after I do the surgery you can get a pair of glasses at the drug store for reading. I thought the guy was joking , I guess not. So far everyone I know had the distance lens installed including you, so I guess thats the std. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cataract forums spartanburg sc