1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cataract surgary tuesday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike-israel, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

Had cataracr surgury left eye on Tuesday. When bandage off on wednesday Doc said some sweeling but with the drops series would get better and better focus and accutity. Was maybe 60% of right eye. By thuesday it was equel to right eye. FRiday maybe 5% better --nw Sat morning much better . Checking against the hebrew translation on TV as referance. So very pleased with results so far.

Question will I see any more improvement in week- weeks to come. Doc says no new glasses until 3weeks month. Appreciate any experiances . By way left eye is seeing maybe 10% brighter than right eye.. Wish it was the right eye --shooting eye. Doc says a little indication of catarct right eye --4-5 years down the road --his estamation....He did great job maybe 15min on table--anyone neede an op--do it --the results are astonishing.

Best holiday season greatings --MIK

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Mike-Mazel-Tov, some Hannukah present---by the way did your Dr. say how long it would be before you could resume shooting. I'm thinking about lasik, will be going for my annual eye exam-this Tues.

Phil Berkowitz

3. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

635g I had mine done tuesday and doc said ok to shoot sunday but if tou have stigmatism they may have to cut a little and 2 weeks before shooting.it is great.can not believe how great

4. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

The correct answer is: It takes some time for your eye to heal after the surgery and thus see as well as it's going to. A couple of weeks and you should be pretty well there. Now, you may (not always) still have some glasses correction after the surgery (even if it's minimal)so when you are able to do that, your vision will be fine tuned.

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Had cataract surgery on my right eye on December 2nd. Everything went well and my world is much clearer in that eye. Will have to wear glasses (as I always have) for my bad astigmatism in the right eye. Left eye will have cataract surgery on it on December 18th. Doctor recommended that I wait 4-6 weeks after the second surgery before getting my prescription for my new glasses for the eyes to get back to "normal". Originally was only going to have the bad right eye done but surgeon said the left eye would definitely need surgery in a year to eighteen months. So decided to go ahead and get both done.

DoubleAuto

6. wbill

wbill Member

What kind of lens did you all have put in? Monofocal of Multifocal?

7. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

Lens mono focal.

Maybe you guys will appreciate some comments on Israeli national health scheme.
    I belond to Callit wich is the largest in Israel with 3m plus members. When the operation was proposed a waiting list was 6-8 months.

Went to the private option . Visit Doctor 600 shekals co-payment from health insurance 80% so out of pocket 120 shekals. That covers three appointments -initial, two days before operation---operation--and follow up a day after surgury-----and any additional appointements if needed.

Operation costs eye drops 4 types before during operation 120 shekals , lens 202 shekals(which when I saw it on bill--blown a-way as I yhought very reasonable)--operating room 420 shekals--my health sckeme pays for drops and lens.
    So out of pocket 120shk+420sk total 540sh ($150), 2 1/2 week wait between first meeting and operation.....WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THAT ---WITH ALL THE HORSECRAP YOU ARE GETTING ON A NATIONAL HEALTH OPTION--- you all do need some form combination similar to ours. I read somewheres - a Senate commitee was checking out our situation and was very favourably impressed --started in the 30's. ...MIKE

Phil --interesting you mentioned how long to shoot, ZWhen I went for initial appointement -I printed out the other thread abt how long after operation to shoot and if could obtamize focus at 30-35 meters, Who read the comments -a non shooter except UZI his time in IDF-- Well he says this should work fine for you....for the last while we uptimize focus for driving which is 35mts. Also at post op meeting asked him if I could drive back home--says ypu got a licence ---drive. Shooting shotgun said two weeks should be fine....mmike

8. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

Gotta ck spelling before I send---plse forgive...Mike

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

How many shekals for Svedish eyes?

No, really?

10. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Don't get in too big a hurry to get you new scripts. There can be some small changes after a couple of months at least mine did.

11. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had mine done three weeks ago and went back to have the bandage removed the next day. The Dr, said that I could shoot the following day. I didn't have any plano lens' for my frames so I tried a very old prescription lens but it was too strong (broke 22). I shot 50 without glasses and broke them all. It took a week to get my new lens' and am in good shape now. I have to go back to the Dr in two weeks, for a reading script, after the eyes have normalized.

Ed Yanchok

12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I had/am having monofocal lens put in.

DoubleAuto

13. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

Hell looks like we all are a bunch of A-Ks--(Alta Kakers--old farts) 66&8mn--so hense the corrective surgary-----I think maybe all the gd old boys should have it done if need to or no--but than less excuses for misses---bestMIKE

14. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Failed my eye test for license renewal which motivated me to see the ophthalmologist - problem was worse than I thought.

I had eye surgery plus cataracts removed a month apart. Went from nearsighted to farsighted in twenty minutes with the first eye. Still reach to take off my glasses before getting into bed or the shower. I opted for multifocal lens and now have full range of vision including reading. I now see the bird full and whole without streaking the moment it leaves the trap house.

I had to wait a year before shooting so I spent the time watching Phil Kiner's eye exercise video. Recommend it highly.

I have some hazing behind both lens now and have to have a little laser work done on each eye. Fortunately it's a quick procedure and I don't have to wait but a couple of days before I get back to shooting

Sam

15. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike,

Glad the surgury went well and a special thanks for the post. My wife is going for cataract surgery in January and has been as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! She read all the posts and how well you and all the others turned out and is a lot happier now.

Shalom and Happy Hannukah,

Bob Schultz

16. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

BOB--fOR YOUR WIFE---There is nothing to worry about. Best and easiest thing I have done . Sure beats a quad by-pass 16 yeaqrs a go. Improvement to sight miraculous. Sorry can't have the right eye done--don,t have a cataract there yet---sure would improve target picture though.

In my thoughts Have a Meery Christmas all....MIKE

17. three-reloaders

three-reloaders TS Member

Had cataract surgary Dec 2 in left eye. Had it bandaged up for that day. Next day I had 20/30.Had to do three different drop three times a day. Went again yesterday. Down to two drop three times. Eye is 20/20 now. Said I could shoot now. Great not to look thru cloud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.