1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cataract, how long

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jhmorrisn, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

How long before I can get back to trap shooting after cataract surgery?

I asked the Dr.s and they just looked at me.

Must not have been trap shooter.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Within a week. Had it done last year. Bulge.

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I started back about a week later...worked out fine.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

What affect do cataracts have on your sight? My Dr. told me that I have them developing in both eyes. Lately I see halos around lights at night head lights, street lights , tail lights is that the issue?

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bruce, what you are seeing is the result of an excessive amount of alcaholic beverege intake. Bulge.

6. pat drake

pat drake TS Member

Bruce, cataracts are when the lens inside your eye basically start to get foggy. they are supposed to be clear. the worse they get, the "foggier" everything appears. the lens is shaped like a small M&M candy. It has a hard outside and a soft inside. When a doctor does cataract surgery, they go in and suck out the inside of the lens. (the foggy part) leaving only the hard outer shell. they then place an artificial implant that fills in the part that they sucked out. These implants are kinda spring loaded, so when they are placed they are pretty much in there for good. A person should be able to return to shooting within a week or two with no problems. hope that helps. pat

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info I guess that I'll need the surgery in a year or so based on the Drs assesment. Bulge, you think you could have told me this some years ago?

8. ksshooter

ksshooter TS Member

I had mine done on a Monday and shot my first targets on Saturday. I asked the club manager when they went back to black rimmed targets...she said they have always had them...I had not seen the black ring for about 2 years.

cs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.