1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Catagory shooter question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I think I am missing something. Looking up the Empire Grand shooters I noted that there is a Junior shooter with a "JRO" listed for his catagory, and also a couple of shooters have "TO" for theirs.

I have looked in the Average book, and ATA web site before asking here...I guess I am missing these somewhere.

Can someone tell me what these mean please ?

Thanks for any info, Dave in SC

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think is means that the individual is shooting "Targets only." People do this when they don't have the required targets to avoid penalty, but want to shoot at their usual yardage rather then farther back. For this concession, they give up the right to trophies, options, and added money, but not always shootoffs like the Krieghof at the Grand.

Neil

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Neil, I believe you are correct "TO" is for targets only. But what does "JRO" stand for? Cody Davis is listed as "JRO" and I am sure he has shot many targets this year. Tom

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I believe JRO means JR Only once a category is declared at a shoot where there are AA points available you can't change your category again for the remainder of that shoot.

Bob Lawless

5. shotgunpeople

Thanks fellows !!!

I guess that "O" would stand for "ONLY"..

Makes sense now, but I'm surely betting others would wonder the same as I did...

Maybe it could be incorporated into the ATA rule book next year just to eliminate confusion....

Have a great day, Dave

6. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Dave, JRO stands for Junior Options, Cody pays full price and plays the money. JR is the half price JR's with no options. They are both still the same for trophies

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Seitz373- Sometimes something that seems confusing becomes very obvious when it is explained in a clear and concise way. Thank you.

Pat Ireland

8. TjayE

TjayE Member

Thank You Seitz373. Your explanation of JRO I can believe. Tom

9. shotgunpeople

Thanks Seitz !!!

If I could shoot like Cody and some other JRs I know, I would play the options also without hesitation...

Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jro in trap shooting